My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Monday, March 07, 2005

PokerClan March Jam

Hosted by Linda G. of PokerWorks.com and held at her home in Las Vegas. I arrived around noon on Saturday PM and helped wherever I could by making dip and basically just getting in the way of Linda and her sister. LOL.

I did have one mishap before other guests arrived and that was tripping over the step in her sunken living room and looking like a complete moron as I stumbled and fell into her dining room set. LOL...I'm OK, just a little rugburn on the knees and one of my forearms as I rolled while falling so as not to land on my stomach. I'm such a doofus.

People started arriving around 5 pm and we ended up with about 25-27 people with 20 playing poker. I had brought my 2 10 player table TOPS (seems I forgot to tell Linda that they were just table tops and had no legs...we made do though.)

FOOD...I have never seen so much food in a backyard at one time. There was food galore and we all munched out and pigged out before playing, and then again after playing.

We played a $20 NLHE tourney, and I didn't do too bad, but didn't win any money. I believe I finally busted out in about 5th place and I blame Ari for that. I can't remember the exact hand, but I was ahead preflop and he ended up making his hand while I couldn't make mine. I ended up going all in with 10,J and he called my all in with K, 6 and no help for me so IGHN.

A dealer's choice game had started on the other table (since it was empty) and I played for about 10 mins, but then decided to head over to The Plaza to play their midnight tournament. I always seem to make the final table when I play their tournaments and tonight was no exception. I arrived at the final table being the chip leader and I had two hands that crippled me.

I was in the SB, the blinds were 1000/2000, by the time it got to me there were about 6 limpers. (WOW!) I looked down to Kc8c and while it wasn't good enough to make a move and steal all the limpers money, I was able to call the other 1000 and see a flop. The flop came K, 5, 8 and after about 3 second pause, I moved all in. There were two hearts on board, I had to get the heart draws out. I had one caller, and then almost another caller, but he finally decided to fold.

I turn over my K,8 and say, Two pair, Kings up. He turns over his pocket 5's for a flopped set and I just doubled him up. Turns out the other guy who thought long and hard had K, Q and the Q came on the turn along with the flush, but no flush draws hung in. He thought I had hearts, I knew he had a K and wanted him to call, but glad he didn't after the Q showed up.

2nd hand that crippled me was when I moved all in with AQ on the button, and the BB called with AJ...sure as shit, the J came on the flop. ARGGGGHH!!

Couldn't make a comeback after these two hands and ended up busting out in about 4th or 5th place for $240. I then proceeded to play a little slots and then drove straight home where I crashed and slept until about 2 pm.

Special kudos to Linda for a most excellent party...kind of makes me want to throw one once I move into the new home to show it and the baby off. I'll claim dibs to the PokerClan March Jam for 2006!! (if not sooner!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home