My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Monday, March 21, 2005

Where, Oh Where, Have I Been???

Nowhere, really, but it turns out I have more "fans" then I thought and have been requested by several different people to update the blog more frequently. I will oblige, but with the warning that it may not always be poker related.

I'm thinking that I'm probably going to drop down from 95% poker to 80% poker, but what can I do about it? I'm not playing live anymore, or going on any poker trips, so alas, your stuck with my boring online stories and personal related items.

Didn't play much poker this past week. I have been put on notice by the husband and so haven't been able to make deposits to play any worthy tournaments, so I'm stuck with about $7-$15 on 8 different sites. I hate grinding in micro limit table games, and only have so much patience right now for $5 or less SNG's, so I'm pretty much just hanging out and waiting until I can make a real deposit to play some real money. This is probably what is discouraging me right now from online poker as I really like to go all out when I play and to play 1-2 $5 SNG's is just not "going all out" in my book.

For now, I'll stick with the RGP tourneys, I truly enjoy those. I gotta tell you, those RGP'rs...there are some GOOD people out there. I would love to go to BARGE, but I don't really see that happening. Although, I'll certainly do my best!

Went to the OB for a visit last Thursday, they squeezed me in as we really had no idea how far along I really was, so I had an ultrasound and it turns out I am 9 weeks, making my due date 10/23, thus meaning I will be able to go on the Alaskan cruise in August that I thought I wouldn't be able to go on due to Princess Cruise Lines having a NO 28+ week pregnancy rule. I will be 28-29 weeks, but the doctor said she would "fudge" a little on the letter to the cruise line.

Friday was the husband's birthday. We were going to go to Laughlin and stay at Riverside. I was comped a room and two tickets to their Irish Dance show. Would've enjoyed it, but around 4 pm, I got really fatigued, and didn't feel up to going. Hubby was understanding and we agreed not to go out. I haven't been getting sick at all, as far as vomiting or being nauseous, but I find myself getting extremely fatigued and tired after I eat. I believe it has to do with the combination of the pregnancy and my gastric bypass that I had done.

So I live in a vicious cyle, I eat, I get tired, I nap. I wake up, I'm hungry, I eat again, I'm back in bed. It's ridiculous. That was my Sunday.

I did have something happen that has made me very excited and ambitious again. I have discovered a way to open a new business that I have wanted to start for over 2 years. I will disclose more information later, but I couldn't figure out how this new business would make me money..how/who to bill, etc. Then I picked up the latest Entrepreneur Magazine and THERE IT WAS!!! Spelled out for me, how to bill, how to get this business going, how to make MONEY. They profiled a company that started in 2001, and by 2003, they had grossed 14.5 million.

I CAN DO THIS!! I have wanted to do it for over 2 years, and now I have the keys to this vehicle...look out everyone!! LOL. Again, I'll give more details out as we get going. I anticipate having it up and running in 3-4 months. The biggest thing we are waiting on is a website, the husband is simply unable to do it at this point due to prior obligations, and I'll just have to wait because there is no way in hell I would have anyone else do it. He's the best, simply put. This idea of mine is very cutting edge, new wave, and it's GROWING, but it's not too big yet. There is hardly any competition, but it's something everyone could and would use, especially if offered to them for free. (The employers pay as a benefit to the employee). I'm almost giddy talking about it, very excited about it, and my excitement and ambition will make it a huge success, I have no doubt in my mind. The start up costs are very minimal too, so no need for a SBA loan or anything cumbersome like that.

One final note:

As many of you are aware, a very important person in our blogging community has recently been diagnosed with cancer. If you're in the know, you know who I'm talking about. I don't name names, it's not my story to tell. However, I have seen a tremendous outpouring in the poker community, and it certainly feels good to belong to such a community/group. My thoughts and prayers are with my friend, as I'm sure yours are as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home