My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

It's Official



I know I've posted this pic before. However, today is special.

October 6th, 1992, a 7 lb 14oz precious baby girl was born in Sylmar, California.

She was named Cherissa and has been a very special part of my life since then. "Special" is hardly the word as I live for my daughter, and would die for her in 1/2 a heartbeat.

13 years old today. A teenager.

I, am now, offically the mother of a teenager. Boggles the brain, it does.

Huge party on Saturday. HUGE. We've invited about 125 people, rented a hall, bought a huge cake, got a DJ (with karaoke!!), 110 balloons, 45 large pizzas, and $600 worth of "goody bags"; and we are SOOOO set to party!

I will be gone most of Friday and Saturday finishing preparations for the event. Grandma is coming out tomorrow with rest of family coming up from Phoenix on Saturday. I'm looking forward to it and hope that Cherissa has a wonderful evening as it will be her time to shine.

Have a great weekend everyone.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pinky said...

Have a great Party!

4:20 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

I hope Cherissa has a great party, and I wish her a very happy birthday!!!!!

Time flies by so quickly doesn't it.... my twin sister has a daughter Caitlin that she had when she was 16, and now Caitlin is 16 herself, and I swear it still boggles my mind....It just seems like she was a baby. Cherish those memories of Cherissa because omg - you're in for a rough couple of years!!!!! Have fun ;)

10:04 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

I may be a little naive, however, I don't think I'm in for some rough years. Cherissa and I have always had a special bond due to being a single parent for the first 9 years of her life, and we are tighter then thieves.

Yes, I know all about the teenage years, but I also know that the connection and relationship that we have will see us through it.

I actually look forward to the next five years, and Cherissa being who she is (Seriously, she is like the perfect child, and SO like her mother) I think we're going to have a few rough times, but not as many as people think in terms of "teenage" years.

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also just had a daughter turn 13 in August. I also was left wondering where does the time go.

I hope she has a fantastic party that will serve as a great memory.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home