My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Welcoming an RGP'r to Kingman

Last night I was able to meet one of my favorite RGP'rs in person, Mukwrm. He hasn't posted on RGP for about the past 3 months, but that's where I met him and he is also one of my AIM group regulars, although he hasn't been online much lately due to his work.

His real name is Matt but he's been blessed with the nickname of Marco by myself. There is a long standing joke with me and a group of friends, if I like you, I actually re-name you. It all started because of ecr when I made the horrid mistake of forgetting who I shared a meal with at the WSOP. So then I started calling ecr every name that started with "E", except for his real name. He, in turn, named me "Trixie", and I then started re-naming all my online friends. So, if I call you a name that's not yours, but it starts with the same letter, then feel blessed. ; )

Marco's from Phoenix and about 3 months ago he tells me that his company got a job on a new building/store here in good old Kingman, so he's been living in a hotel room with his co workers and traveling back and forth on the weekends to Phx. We finally were able to work out our schedules and I invited him over to meet the family and have a nice home cooked meal.

I made my yummy enchiladas and told him to be here around 6pm. Around 6:10, I called him, letting him know that my dinner was getting cold, around 6:20, I'm tapping my fingers on the kitchen table. He finally arrives around 6:40 but he was having issues with his co workers and the use of the work truck, so I forgave him.

We had apple martinis, Bill had margaritas and we had a lovely dinner. Afterwards, we headed to my office to finish the RGP Donkey Starfest Limit event, I was able to donk out very quickly with Marco watching. Then we decided to head out to the bowling alley and play that trivia game that most bars have. He boasted that he was the King and would slaughter me, I, of course, should have placed a wager as I kicked his ass, mwa ha ha.

So we hung out at the bar in the bowling alley and proceeded to get drunk. There was an ex professional boxer there that wouldn't leave us alone...there always seems to be a drunk person that is very friendly and all, but just won't leave you alone, you know the guy I'm talking about?? We had him last night. I introduced Marco to a few people I knew and it turned out he was already very familiar with the bartenders, him and his co workers have been hanging out there almost every week.

We closed the bar down and I got home around 12:30am. Pretty boring post, I'm sure, but the point was that I was able to meet an online friend in person and it was just fantastic, I had a great time and I always enjoy meeting the "friends" I meet online in person, as it seems to bond the relationship/friendship even more.

3 Comments:

Blogger "MissT74" said...

Hey Danny! Long time no talk, actually I've been OFF AIM lately, I'm sure you saw my post about my AIM being directly related to my losing lately, LOL. Mukwrm was a friend from back in the old AIM days. Next time I get to Florida, I'll let you know and we'll see if we can set up something! Until then, take care!

11:41 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

OK, now THAT'S funny. You are officially Dick now.

: )

7:20 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

That's quite alright Edgar, I deserve it. : )

3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home