My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Monday, July 04, 2005

Defending Myself

As a blog writer, I know that it's my own damn fault that I sometimes get criticized for things I write; hands I play, my drinking, my marriage, etc. However, there comes a point when I actually have to blog about the criticism, and my reactions to all of it.

1. I am not new to poker. I have been playing for over 4 years. I have studied, and I have trained myself for tournament play only. I know that I am not good in cash games, I have admitted this. I have posted before regarding my "Risk vs. Reward" theory, and while a lot of people have criticized me for this theory, I believe in it and HEY, it works for me. Also, I have never claimed to be a professional, although I have claimed to be a semi-professional, and I know that there will always be something for me to learn. However, what makes you think I want to, or I'm going to learn it from you?? (Unless your a well known pro or someone who's play I respect)

2. I am NOT a drunk, nor an alcoholic. I believe in having fun and to me, this involves alcohol. I enjoy having a few drinks and I enjoy the buzzed feeling, dammit I enjoy getting drunk. I am not prone to hangovers, I never get them, so as long as I am not hurting anyone, I see nothing wrong in it. I do not get drunk everyday, hell, I don't even drink at home. However, when I drink, I do drink to get drunk. Otherwise, why waste the money??

3. I have never understood why people feel the need to criticize the hands that people play. You were not in the hand, you were not in the tournament, you do not have the inside information about the table, about the players, that I do. Don't question my judgement. Yes, I make occasional mistakes, and yes, I try to learn from them. However, you pointing out that "You shouldn't have played 10,J anyways" does nothing for me. It doesn't "teach" me anything, all it does it make me wonder when YOUR book is coming out.

4. Bill and I have a very unique relationship. It's filled with communication, trust, support and compromising. I don't think I could be married at all, if we didn't have the relationship that we do. I love my husband with all my heart and soul, and he KNOWS this. Just as I know how much he loves me. For anyone to question the depth of our relationship just makes you appear ignorant to me as you have NO IDEA what my marriage is about and how it works for us. I'm very, very lucky to have him and anyone who has ever met me should know that he's lucky to have me too. We make a great couple.

Don't take this post as a "rant" but rather as a way for me to express myself to the criticism that I do get. Again, I know that by having a public blog the criticism will come forth, but at least I feel better about the points I've made regarding particular criticism's that I hear all the time.

Thank you, please drive forward.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shelly said...

>>> However, when I drink, I do drink to get drunk. Otherwise, why waste the money??

Ditto - uh oh, am I an alcoholic now? I share that same exact opinion on drinking.

Take no shit! :)

12:25 PM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

No, no, NO! Your just a drunk like me, we don't go to meetings. : )

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home