My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Book

As announced tonight on ITH (www.internettexasholdem.com):

"I am pleased to announce our next book project and newest ITH author. The tentative title of the book is The World Poker Travel Guide written by our very own Tanya Peck. This book will be every poker player’s guide as they travel around the world looking for the best poker rooms to play.

I am very excited to have Tanya working with me on this project, and for those who know her, you know she is the perfect woman for the job. Congrats (and thanks) Tanya!

Matthew"

Yes, yours truly has been commissioned to write a book that will be published under my own name (co-authered possibly by Matthew Hilger) in 2007.

I am, of course, ecstatic, and very honoured that Matthew has the faith in my abilities to write to actually publish me.

I view this as being the opportunity of a lifetime. I have secretly wanted to write a book for the past 4 years, but knew that without the proper connections, it would be very, very difficult. I now have the connections, and as long as I make my publisher proud, I know that I can then write the book that I've been wanting to write for 4 years.

This current project is a guide to poker rooms, so I will be traveling around the US and reviewing the most popular poker rooms. I will make it a priority to make sure I publish trip reports on my journey, and will post where I'm going and when so that any invites for home poker games or dinner or heck, just an apple martini, can be accepted.

I thank Matthew Hilger for this opportunity and know for a FACT that I will do him proud as that's just the type of person I am. Motivated and Driven.

(By the way, this has nothing to do with the new business that opens in less then 3 weeks, I will talk about that later. :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Holy crap!! That is awesome!!

Congratulations, I'm so happy for you!!!!!

5:54 AM  
Blogger AlCantHang said...

That's great. Congrats!

Let me know when you'll be in my neck of the woods.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Omaholic said...

Wow, I thought the book was the opportunity you posted about earlier, but a book *and* a new business opportunity -- you're out of control!

11:50 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

I have something ELSE too in the works, I swear to God, I have officially diagnosed myself as "Manic". LOL

12:18 PM  
Blogger Kram420 said...

pssst, just checking in!:)

CONGRATS ON THE BOOK TANYA

1:15 AM  
Blogger Verndroid said...

I wish you all the best of luck with your project. Sounds like a great opportunity indeed. :-)

12:54 AM  
Blogger zupko2001 said...

Wow T!!! We are so proud of you!!!

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home