My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

RagZ for TeenZ

"Quality Resale Clothing Store Featuring Designer Labels"

This is it, the big week, the week my new business opens.

So about 8 months ago I had the idea of bringing a store to Kingman that was similiar to Buffalo Exchange. For those that live in Phoenix or Las Vegas areas, you are familiar with them, but for those that aren't, I'll briefly explain.

Buffalo Exchange is a consignment store for used clothing. You take your unwanted clothes in, they buy them off of you giving you 1/2 cash, 1/2 store credit. You would then shop in their store, buying resale clothes, paying 1/2 cash and 1/2 store credit. MUCH better clothes then what you would find in your local Goodwill, but still "resale" nonetheless.

I think their business model is a great idea and so I was going to try and adopt a similar version on my own. However, I decided to forget the consignment part and just sell used clothing! Not that big of a deal, nothing mind boggling there, but the kicker that comes in to play is the type of clothing that we'll be selling.

Kingman is a very rural community with only about 6 clothing stores to choose from, and absolutely no store in town sells designer labels. Truth be told, even if a store did sell the labels, Kingman also has a lower economy so it may not be possible for the majority of residents to purchase name brand clothing at the prices they sell for.

Sooooo, I decided to bring Tommy Hilfiger, Abercrombie & Fitch, Aeropostle and others to Kingman in the form of resale clothing, so that more people can afford to buy. When I say people I refer to teenagers, as that will be my target market.

It's worked out pretty good so far with Cherissa and her friends being my sounding board and letting me know when a particular piece of clothing was "Hot" or "Not".

We open on Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, and will be giving away movie tickets to the first 100 customers and also having a Ipod Nano giveaway. Hopefully this will send the teens to our store this weekend in droves!!

So there you have it, the news and details of my new business. Today is Tuesday, only 4 days left. The store is coming together, but still so many small details left to be done. The goal is to be done by Wed PM so that Thursday can be spent celebrating Thanksgiving.

Once the store is ready to go, I will take pictures and post them. I'm very excited about this and can't wait to see how the first weekend goes.

Next stop?

RagZ for KidZ

: )

3 Comments:

Blogger Pauly said...

Good luck!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Omaholic said...

Sounds like a great idea. It sounds like a lot of fun too!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

That is a freakin awesome idea!!!

Good luck with your new business Tanya - I know it will be a success!

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home