My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Monday, December 19, 2005

One Year Anniversary

As of yesterday, 12/18/05, My blog is exactly one year old.

Amazing how far it's come, how many readers I have and how many people have been interested in reading it.

I know a lot of people misunderstand me and I probably only have myself to blame for that with all the information I put out there about myself.

When I started my blog it was upon the urging of a WPC member, and having had been a reader of several other bloggers, I figured, what the hell. Sometimes I look back and wish I had never started it. There seems to be a lot of drama that I go through, in both my personal life, my poker life, and my online life; but in truth, I'm just a poker playing wife/mother.

I started my blog for me, and for my online friends that know me, but it's become so much bigger then what it was intended for.

While I think I have no regrets, when I get the occasional negative comment or the negative feedback from people on my blog or on other forums, it gets depressing. I know it's my own fault for putting myself "out there", so then I'm left wondering how do I stop myself from caring so much about what other people think of me or how they perceive me?

I can honestly say that unless you have met me in person and hung out with me for a little bit, this blog AND my entries on other forums (especially RGP), only gives a certain view of myself. A view that doesn't seem to have been too pleasant over the past year for the most part, but what can I say? I'm an honest and down to earth person, that's just me.

So, whether you've been reading for the whole year, or just for a few days, I thank you for actually taking the time to read my ramblings. I apologize if I ever offended you personally, and I sincerely apologize for misguiding people into thinking or perceiving me as something other than what I really am.

Will I last another year blogging? Sometimes I wonder.

6 Comments:

Blogger CJ said...

Congrats on year #1! I'm sure there will be more :-)

4:19 PM  
Blogger Felicia :) said...

Turning off comments might help.

One thing I've noticed in over 10 years on the 'Net: some people can't stand that others are happy and lead a decent, fulfilling, productive life. So they do everything they can to tear that person down.

I'm not saying that is what is going on in your case, necessarily, as one comment did seem to have your best interests at heart, but in general, the less I have to deal with the: "I'm not as happy as you so I have to rip you apart," people in society, the better off I am.

Merry Christmas and see you soon!

9:00 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

Felicia,

So good to hear from you, I've thought of you often over the past few months, but I know you've been having too much fun cruising.

I would totally love to be a cruising partner with you, even if I'm silent and in the background, at least it would get me on a cruise, out of the house, and OK'd by the husband since I'd be with you. ; )

T

9:02 AM  
Blogger Ignatious said...

congrats on a year!! here's to many more! :)

7:21 AM  
Blogger Felicia :) said...

Surely. There are some great deals out of SF on Dawn Princess. Plus they are getting a HE table with 10% rake up to $5 max. I've seen deals as low as $478 for a ten-night cruise, and SF has one of the best harbors to cruise out of.

You are the one person I wouldn't mind sharing a cabin with, since your gas must be just as bad as mine, lol.

9:27 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

Gas??? What gas?? I pass "wind" darling, and when I do, it smells like roses baby, roses. LMAO.

I think we should do it, seriously. We need to talk about our schedules. I love the last minute cruise deals that seem to go on. I can pack in 1 hour.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home