My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Smo's Bro's Who??

The Smothers Brothers. Raise your hand if you've heard of them. OK, now keep your hands up if you've actually ever seen them perform (TV, live, whatever).

My hand would have been down on the second sentence before last night.

For Valentine's Day I surprised Bill with a "kidnapping", we left home around noon and went to Laughlin for the night. We stayed at Riverside and I was able to get front row seats to The Smothers Brothers, dinner at the Prime Rib room, and a suite overlooking the river. ALL comped, what a deal!

We had a blast, I was truly, truly impressed with The SB's and I wanted to meet them SO bad, they're like 75 years old now and they were just hilarious and an awesome show to see. I highly recommend either seeing them somewhere (probably a small venue somewhere) or listening to their old records, or watching their old shows, or whatever. This show was so much better then Penn & Teller..it was like night and day.

So after the show we went for dinner, an excellent meal, then headed over to the Kareoke (sp?) bar where we drank and I sang until about midnight, then headed over to the dance club where I danced until about 2 am, then we headed to bed drunk. We had a lovely time and it was a great Valentines Day. I received a gold necklace from Bill that has hanging, shimmering "disco balls" on it, you'd have to see it to appreciate it, but it's gorgeous, I love it!

**********************

I haven't really been keeping up with my blog too much lately, but I've truly been so busy with work as I have taken a step back in, vs. stepping out like I had been planning on. I think I might have stepped out a little bit too soon, so I felt that I needed to take a step back in and therefore, have been really working a lot longer days, 14 hours...working on the weekends that I'm actually home, and just trying to get the business in a place where I feel I can take that step back again. The goal was originally 1/1/06, then it was moved back to 3/1/06, and now I feel I need to move it back again, possibly to 5/1/06, but I'm still traveling and playing some poker while I'm in the process, so I don't feel too bad about it.

***********************

It's 100% official about Mom moving to Kingman now, we signed the lease today and gave all deposits for utilities, rent, movers, etc. So she'll be coming down this weekend to start the moving process. She should be in her new home (and it is a brand new home, it's gorgeous!) and ready to work for me by 3/6, when I get back home from Atlantic City (ATLARGE) and then we'll be able to move forward from there!

**********************

I was in Las Vegas last weekend, nothing really to report there except the fact that it really does pay to play quarters on the Crazy 4 Poker Table Game. I played the 7pm Ceasars tournament with RazzO on Sunday, for his birthday, and he was able to walk away with a $1100 chop, so I was tickled for him. Good to be able to see him again.

**********************

I will be working on my MissT74 WSOP Qualifier Satellies in the next two weeks and plan on releasing the schedule the first part of March, and the events should start mid-March. Keep your eyes open for an email from me, and if you have no idea what I'm talking about, then see my previous post here: http://misst74.blogspot.com/2005/12/2006-wsop-misst74-qualifiers.html

**********************

I still haven't done anything about my affiliating or links or crap like that, just really haven't been motivated or "eager" enough, I guess. Once I am, I'll take care of that and release the information to all you dying0-to-know people. (rolling eyes).

**********************

OK, that's pretty much it for now, I'll try to update more frequently but unless I do something worth noting in the next 5 days in poker, then I'm pretty much just concentrating on getting some tasks done by Sunday night, so I'll be working 14-15 hour days for the rest of the week (including the weekend). Busy, busy!

1 Comments:

Blogger "MissT74" said...

OK, so they've been performing for 47 years, they started in 1959. Doesn't say how old they were when they started, but think 20, because the Purple Onion was after high school, so that would put them at around 67 years old, give or take.

That's still old to me. Or shall I say "old school" and they can still perform the HELL out of a crowd and must love entertaining. Kudos to them, I loved them!

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home