My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Sunday at PartyPoker

Due to the recent changes that have been done on PartyPoker and the talk about it on RGP, and their reaction to the JJProdigy scandal, I decided to re-install PP and give them a go again.

I bought directly into a MINI STEP 2 and won another STEP 2, then won a STEP 3, then dropped back down to STEP 2, and that's waiting for me. I bought into 2 STEP 1's and won 2 STEP 1's, I feel like I'll be revolving in these STEPS for a bit, I am going to go back and read my posts from when I ran good in the STEPS some point last year, tighten up my game and try to win today.

I also bought into a $20 40K guaranteed tournament, 2556 entrants and ended up busting out about 356th place when my all in move with 9,9 was called with A,9 and an A came on the flop.

The best result of the night was a $30 NLHE MTT I entered. 956 entrants, and I was in the top 10 in chips from about 1/2 way down the field until about 30 left, then I was about average. I felt really comfortable yesterday, and felt that I could win an MTT, I was in a good mood, things felt good.

Presto (5,5) was dealt to me UTG and with the blinds at 4000/8000 and with me at about 100K, I decided to push. Everyone folded, just as planned, except when it got to the BB. He had around 140K and decided to risk his tourney life by calling with Q,6. Now, keep in mind, they WERE soooooted. My luck ran out as the flop came 6,6,K and IGHN in 16th place. Chat went a little crazy after that hand, someone told me that's what I get for overplaying my 5's, I replied, maybe so but how about overplaying Q,6? He replied "True", then the guy who called with Q,6 said the stupidest thing I've ever heard online: "That was an I don't care call."

Um, yeah. Right. You've been playing in this tournament for over 4 hours, there are 16 people left and you're going to NOT care if you hurt your stack severely at that point with a Q, 6?? Makes NO sense to me. If you put me on a bluff and think you're Q,6 is good, then say so, but to say "I didn't care at that point" good lord, why are you playing in tournaments??

Oh well, gave me a $224 win, so I'll try to parlay that into something this week.

2 Comments:

Blogger "MissT74" said...

Yeah, it's funny now, but last night, I wasn't angry, just purely befuddled.

WHO does that SHIT???

Fellknight was watching and in my AIM at the time and he went more beserk then I did, lol.

2:25 PM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

I'd much rather lose by a Royal Flush or Quads then that BS. LOL

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home