My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Nightmares

Do you remember when you were kid and you would have a horrible nightmare and you would wake up screaming and then simply continue screaming until your Mom or Dad would come in, give you hugs and make you feel better until you could fall asleep again without fear?

Does this still happen to people?

Am I the only adult that still suffers from nightmares? I wonder sometimes. I also wonder what causes them. I have them way more often then I should, way more often then other adults (that I know of) and yet even though I'm old enough to calm myself down and fall asleep again without fear, I can't help but wish my Mom or Dad was still in the house, and that I was still a child, to soothe my anguish away.

Last nights nightmare was a doozy. It woke me up around 4:30am and I was scared to go back to sleep for quite some time. I was so tired, but yet so scared to close my eyes again for fear that the dream would instantly come back. I thought about getting up and just writing it all out on my blog, but as dreams are, they make no sense when you try to describe it or tell the story.

Needless to say it is but a distant memory at this point. I remember some key points, but not the whole scenario as I did when I woke up.

So I ask, does anyone else still experience nightmares or "bad dreams" and what do you think it means when someone has so many, so often? My last nightmare was just Monday and I had TWO of them back to back, not just one. Completely different dreams and I even woke up in between the two.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN????

CST: 17 (That's TWO less then yesterday TYVM)

5 Comments:

Blogger Alan said...

I know of adults that still have frequent nightmares. I don't think it means anything.

12:18 AM  
Blogger rakethetable said...

I will have one about 3 times a month. A dream where I wake up (not screaming) but shaking in fear. I am usually able to return to sleep without much thought. It is just a dream. Creapy - but just a dream.

3:51 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

I never wake up screaming, although I do scream in my dream, but yes just like you rake, I wake up shaking and breathing heavy and just totally WIGGED out.

Danny,
I can understand your thoughts of being older with your condition. However, you've made it this far and you're in it for the long haul I can tell. : )

T

8:38 AM  
Blogger Shelly said...

I have what my doctor refers to as night terrors. They're more unusual in adults than in kids, but hey. I've never been one to follow the book! I get them 3-5 times per week, always 30-35 minutes after the last time I saw the clock before falling asleep. They're a little stranger than nightmares, though, because I hallucinate (like, I'll see laser beams coming at me or large machines falling out of the sky to kill me - but I'm eyes-wide-open awake, just not quite conscious) and I sleepwalk. (Actually, by the time I am physically standing up, that's usually enough to jar me out of it and make me conscious again). I have no idea what causes it. I've been having them regularly since I was 19 (so, 12 years now?) The doc says that if they bother me, we'll investigate, but otherwise, just try not to eat sugar or drink caffeine before bed :)

3:14 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

First - Congrats on your quitting smoking, I give you alot of credit, I wish I could do it!!

Second - we are so much alike in some things its eerie!! I have nightmares about 2-3 times a week. I mean, screaming outloud, waking up my family, major freakin nightmares. I can't stand it, but I'm so used to it by now. I have been having them for years and years. It freaked out my husband big time when we first got together because at the time I was having them nightly. Its always different but it always incorporates someone dying, getting kidnapped, or me getting attacked. I scream in my dream but it always wakes me up. I can always remember them then but not in the morning.

I have no idea what it means, I haven't really asked anyone, I've just sort of accepted them as part of my life. If you find out, let me know :-)

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home