My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Can the Week Get Worse??

DAMN....I think I just jinxed myself. KNOCK ON WOOD!!!

Sunday PM: I spent about $300 playing poker and not winning a damn thing. Bad day overall, I couldn't even come close to qualifying for anything, blah blah blah. Bad poker day. Then I had to go to bed without my cough syrup so had coughing fits ALL NIGHT LONG.

Monday AM: I wake up to flu like symptoms, aching all over, joint pain, head all woozy, discombobulated feeling, a little diarrhea (TMI??) etc. All this AFTER I was up all night long with my dry, non productive cough. So I sleep on the couch until about 3pm then I head over to the Urgent Care Center. Turns out I don't have the flu but am suffering from withdrawal symptoms from my cough syrup (with codeine) that I ran out of on Saturday night. This was the reason for my coughing fits on Sunday night and my body protesting on Monday. So, I got back on the cough syrup but am in the process of tapering my dosage down so that if and when my cough finally goes away, I won't go through withdrawals. Nice! I also had a chest xray and everything looks normal, no pneumonia, bronchitis, valley fever, or TB. No explanations for my cough that I've had for over 4 months....sigh.

Monday PM: Boy that Doctor was RIGHT! I felt GREAT after getting my dose of syrup/codeine in me. Ended up working late into the night to make up for the work I didn't do while I was "lounging" on the couch.

Today: Oye!! I am a giant screwup. I accidentally changed the message on the statements that go out for one of my clients to read "You have been sent to an outside collection agency, please call them" and I FORGOT to change it back to "Please remit payment or you MAY be turned to an outside collection agency" before they were sent out on Friday. So I got phone call after phone call of irate patients (can you blame them??) all I could do was apologize and I'm sending out a corrected statment to everyone (a $500 mistake) tomorrow with an apology on it. Sigh.

I sure hope the week gets better!!

3 Comments:

Blogger "MissT74" said...

um, yeah, I smoke. I told my doc too. We'll see what happens, he said it should dissapate on it's own. Who knows. : )

11:06 PM  
Blogger rakethetable said...

TMI?-Yes. WAY TOO MUCH.

8:29 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

Awww...get over it. ; )

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home