My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Non Smoking Please

I have made the decision to quit smoking. I know it will be difficult, and I also know that it would be almost impossible for me to quit "cold turkey", so I have a plan.

I am keeping track of the number of cigarettes I smoke per day. Every day, I am going to reduce the number I smoke by 1.

Eventually I will be down to 10 a day, then 5, then none. I am currently at about a pack a day.

I have had a lot of advice on RGP about how to quit smoking, but this is what I think will work for me and it's how I want to do it. I do not like Nicorette or patches or pills to do this, so I will do it on my own.

The toughest part will be to see if Bill can do it with me as well, as I know that having a smoking spouse in the house will make it more difficult for me, but I am determined to do it.

Therefore, I will be posting NIGHTLY, before I go to bed, the number of cigs I smoked that day. This will help keep me honest and in check.

GL me!!

Cigarettes Smoked Today (from now on known as "CST"): 19

5 Comments:

Blogger Felicia :) said...

Good luck. Your lungs will thank you (that cough that never quite goes away...), your daughter will thank you, and I will thank you.

I am shocked that Bill smokes, after watching his wife die.

That is when you know that smoking addiction is a disease.

4:51 AM  
Blogger Pauly said...

Best of luck!!!!

7:30 AM  
Blogger imjusthere4thebeer said...

Good luck on the quitting smoking! You're not alone. Two friends and I are quitting on June 11th. My 6yr old "girl child" is holding me accountable, so I plan to not disappoint daddy's lil angel. Plus, its something I've wanted to do for quite some time.

Mike

7:47 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

Thanks for all your comments guys!

I CAN do this and I WILL.

Felicia...not only watched his wife die of cancer, but his mom as well, it is an addiction, a drug for sure.

9:25 AM  
Blogger change100 said...

That's not a bad way to quit at all. Pretty much exactly how I did it, and I've been off the sticks for a year and a half now.

Good luck!

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home