My Photo
Location: United States

Too much about me to list my'll get to know me quite well.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

BARGE Trip Report

(DISCLAIMER: To the best of my ability, the following post is true and correct. Keeping in mind that the BARGE Convention did take place well over 2 weeks ago and that I was drunk the entire time while I was there and it was right after the ITH Convention where I was drunk the entire time as well. Nevertheless, I have decided to go ahead and "ATTEMPT" to reconstruct this week and all that it entailed.)

Tuesday 8/15/06:

Arrived in Vegas around 4pm, the first tourney was scheduled to start at 8pm, Lazy Pineapple, which I was scheduled to play in. I vaguely recall playing it, but as the whole week went for me, there was no money in it for me, I wasn't even close to cashing, I bombed the event. However, life in Vegas during BARGE starts AFTER the tourney, so that's what happened.

Tuesday night...good lord, so long ago, who knows what the hell I did? It might have involved dancing or gambling...Definitely involved drinking, but that's a given.

Wednesday 8/16/06:

The Blackjack and Video Poker Tournaments were cancelled so there was nothing to do until 5pm which was when the (non) Smokers Dinner was to take place. I do believe I simply hung out at the Diamond Lounge this day, eating and drinking and using the internet..all for free! Gotta love being a Diamond!

The dinner was at Nine's at The Palms. Very nice restaurant, excellent meal; got to meet several ARG'rs, and I also got to re-acquaint myself with some other ARG'rs that I had already met out in Atlantic City during ATLARGE.

After dinner we all headed straight over to the Venetian where we proceeded to play Lobah. I. HATE. Lobah. Enough said. Never won a SINGLE hand, not ONE. It was disgusting and I was appalled at my playing, although it was really lack of luck that had me disgusted.

Around 9pm was when we were supposed to have the official Virgin Outing, starting with karaoke at Imperial Palace, then dancing at the Carnival Court. I get to IP and there was only one person there (so far), elg26. Then along came SuperSteamer (DPCondit) and a few others and that was it! We never did sing any songs, but sure had a great time sitting at the bar playing video poker and drinking.

We headed over to the Carnival Court around 11pm where we proceeded to dance until 3am, with one person dropping off at a time until I was the only one left and so what could I do but leave for bed myself.

Thursday 8/17/06:

The Team CHORSE event was scheduled to start at 11am, and due to the HORRIBLE parking/valet structure that they have at the Venetian, I ended up arriving right around 11:01am which caused some panic with RaidersFan (who had already paid for the entire team). Turned out I wasn't the only one late and the rest of the team showed up within that minute.

I played the Razz portion and although my first round went well, the 2nd round had me dumping off chips when SOMEONE (Quiet Lion) refused to lay down his hand, even with Q, Q on the board and proceeded to river me on a horrible beat. Sniff.

Anyways, we ended up getting $25 back of our entry, so I guess it wasn't as bad as it could have been. LOL

After CHORSE the next event wasn't until that night with the Stud Shootout. I can't remember what I did in between the two events, but I believe this was the night where I busted out of the Stud event pretty quickly and so I bought into the nightly regular Venetian tournament and ended up at the final table, finally coming in 8th place. This final table was one of the weirdest ones I've ever played at. I ended up arriving as the chip leader, if not then in 2nd and TWO hours later, was out in 8th. Lasted FOR EVER. A few RGP'rs came by to watch and sweat me once I got to the final table, but even some of them had to leave as it was dragging on forever. LOL

After that, I pretty much just went to bed. I was suppose to go to a hotel room poker game, but due to the final table finish I just headed to bed instead.

Friday 8/18/06:

This day had the TOC starting at 10am, I didn't do TOO bad, which just means I lasted a little bit longer then all the other tourneys so far, LMFAO. After the TOC we had the symposium at 4pm which I thought was an absolute hoot. Fellknight and I ended up being teamed up together and we sold for a whopping $150. We then decided to team up and purchase other teams, ending the night with 5 teams (9 players) under our belts. Turned out only one of our horses won, but it was nice to get that enveloped delivered after the TOC was over!

After the symposium it was time for the Craps Crawl and the wedding!!

We (about 15-20??) started at The Main Station and I just followed along with them, knowing that I don't play craps, but was mainly there to represent the virgins (as their Virgin Queen) and to drink with all the ADB'rs. After the Main Station we headed over to Binion's where Mark (Slim1Der) was finally able to meet up with me and I just love that boy! We had a great time, but that story is coming up later. : )

(Sidenote: As the Virgin Queen I had found a hat in the RIO gift shop that was a Queen's crown, it was cool wearing it all week and I got compliment after compliment on it. Another thing that I did as the queen was to have these really cool card protectors made for the virgins. One had "I busted a Cherry" inscribed on it that the virgin was to give out as a bounty prize. The other one had a "I busted my Cherry" inscribed on it for a token to keep. Both had "BARGE 2006" on it as well. If there were any virgins that missed purchasing these, I do have about 5-6 of each left over if you want to buy! I had to prepay for them, so just email me and I'll ship them to you. $15 each.)

OK, so the craps crawl is over, we head over to Fitzgerald's for the wedding and for some karaoke. Mark (Slim1Der) was deathly afraid of doing "his" song, as it was a rap song and being that he was the only black guy present, I could understand his apprehension. LOL. NOT needed. He TORE the stage up. Everyone loved him and he was a hit. He then came up to me and said he needed my back up for "Baby got Back". Well, what could I say but "Um, SURE!!" So there we were on stage. He was the lyrics, I was simply the back up dancer with a big butt and we were a HIT. There's rumours that there is video stream out there on the internet somewhere, but I haven't been given a link yet and it I do, I promise to post it. I enjoyed myself, even if I did feel like a fool for a little bit. : ) I thought everyone would hate us but it turned out to be the performance of the night, even surpassing the Virgins singing (what else?) Madonna's "Like a Virgin" and the ADB'rs singing (what else?) "One beer, one bottle, one something or another song that I forgot the title too"

I also did my rendition of "Fever" which went quite well, even if my voice was on the way to being GONE. (It came back about a week and 1/2 later, but that will be on my WPS TR too. I mean it, when I lose my voice, it's gone, not coming back for a bit, especially if I keep talking, smoking, drinking, etc.)

The wedding itself was very cool. I loved the fact that these two people (Chris and Amy) were willing to share their moment with people they've never even MET before (the Virgins)and with the friends they've made simply from a poker forum/newsgroup/email list etc. That was awesome, IMO and I'll admit to a tear or two.

After the crowd started thinning, Mark admitted to being a little bit too drunk to stay and had to leave for bed. I lasted about another 30 mins, then I headed to bed myself.

Saturday 8/19/06:

The morning event was NLHE (Finally!) I did better in this event, but still didn't do anything worth mentioning.

Spent the day at the Diamond Lounge with a few other RGP'rs and then headed over to the Venetian for the banquet that had Phil Gordon as the guest speaker. FUNNY guy. I had met him before the banquet, at the WSOP and all, but never had the experience of hearing him talk or talking directly with him and I thought he gave a great speech.

After the Banquet it was time to play those crazy BARGE games, so I immediately put myself on the $3/$6 "Must Drink" game and was there for about an hour or two until I decided that I had drunk enough and it was time to depart as Mark wanted to make sure we hit the Carnival Court. OMG, this was the night that SOMEONE (no names, but current RGP'r) got SO drunk, he not only vomited at the Carnival Court but also in the lobby of the Wynn as I helped him get checked in. I felt slightly guilty as I was the one who promised to "get him drunk" and sure enough, I did. By this night I had gotten or gotten drunk with SuperSteamer, Elg26, Fellknight, Omaholic, Slim1Der, and several others that I'm sure I'm forgetting to mention....

Good times, good times.

Sunday 8/20/06:

BARGE was officially over, but I was still in Vegas until my plane departed on Monday for the World Poker Showdown along with Omaholic, Slim1Der and Fellknight. So we all hung out together this day, eating lunch at the Outback inside the crappy hotel right next door to Harrah's...can't remember the name of it now. Anyways, that was all on this day. We all gambled a bit on the slots, drank at the Diamond Lounge and pretty much just settled down until it was time for everyone to leave.

WAIT! I do remember meeting Rich at this casino that was WAY outside town and found a new slot machine. Triple Draw Double Double Bonus Poker. Why did I hit 4 of a kind after 4 of a kind after 4 of a kind; giving myself an $800 win on a QUARTER machine!! NICE chunk to add to the bankroll that I was taking with me to Costa Rica.

That's the end of my BARGE TR. There, of course, is a LOT that I am leaving out. However, that should really be expected. Who, in their right mind, would write a trip report that includes EVERYTHING, especially when it's a trip report that happened in Vegas???

Come on, do I REALLY need to say it?

World Poker Showdown in Costa Rica Trip Report coming soon.....


Blogger Danny said...

Sounds like an awesome time. I am glad you are finally back home. I dont know if you are aware of this but I could not read your post. I had to click on comments to read it. For some reason the entire post was like dark red. Anyway glad you are back home. Missed ya.

8:29 PM  
Blogger AnguilA said...

Hi Tanya!

I'm the Spanish guy you busted in the Venetian Tourney just before the final table and I'm still wondering what hand's named after you.....come on, be a nice girl and tell me!

Are you going to the EPT inBarcelona? I'll give it a last crack this weekend...

3:41 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...


Howdy. LOL, it's funny, how did you find me in order to ask that??

It's no secret on my blog, it's K,Q
suited OR off suit. : )

8:20 AM  
Blogger AnguilA said...

Work's boring and I was missing the old poker days in vegas, so I've been reading a ton of poker blogs, and in one of them( I can't recall which one...) i saw your name and hit....

Thought I may as well find out your fav hand!

2:05 PM  
Blogger Slim1Der said...

Lady you freakin ROCK! And you know why too. I had an AWSOME time with you at BARGE. Thank you making it a blast. Can't wait till next year.

I didnt know yo hit for $800! That must have been right after I left eh?

2:48 PM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

Anguila: Well, I'm glad you found me and now you know "my" hand. : )

Slim: Yes, it was after midnight, after you were gone in a casino way out in BFE.

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home