My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

2006 WSOP Wrap Up

Well, it's all over but the crying. OK, the crying is over too, as it only takes me a few hours to get over losing, if not less.

My final event was the $1500 NLHE event on Tuesday and I was EN FUEGO!!! to start with. I dominated my first table (about 2 hours), running over them left and right and they were generally scared of me. I know, they told me. LOL

I did get CardPlayer to follow me and Bill is going to send me a few screen shots to post with bragging rights. They had me listed as #4 once and then down to #7 and then I got moved.

Sigh.

My image was ALL set up, why did they have to go and do that??

The new table was hard to set up an image, they had been playing with each other already and knew each other's styles, moves, etc and I just could not fit in.

The hand that crippled me was A,K. I raised preflop on the BB after one limper had come in the pot. The limper stayed and then like an idiot I checked the A, K, x flop. I was, of course, going for the check raise, but the player was not stupid and did not fall for it and a 7 fell on the turn. I bet, he minimum raised me, and I just called. The river was another 7. I checked, he bet pretty big, but not TOO big, but enough to hurt me and I decided to call to see him holding 7, 7 for quads. Oye!

My final hand had me short stacked with 10d, Jd on the button so I went for it and ran into A, Q. A Q fell on the flop and IGHN.

It was a good run, and I'm happy about my play (in general). I truly loved the Razz event and am proud that I could finish so far, even if I did bubble. Event #4 was also good with me going to 150th place out of 1060, kinda bubbling as 99 got paid in that one.

Compared to last year, I have improved. I played 9 events last year and didn't make it to the dinner break in ANY of them. I only played 4 events this year, but made it far in 2 and then made it to about the 5 1/2 hour mark in the other 2.

Also compared to last year is the amount won/lost/spent, etc. Last year I won about 30K, but spent about 35K. This year I won about (rough estimate) 5K (satellites) and spent about 10K, so the loss is not that huge although it's not something I wanted to do, obviously, LOL.

I will be taking some time off in the next few weeks, will blog if anything interesting happens online but after the WSOP experience, online poker just isn't cutting it for me. I KNOW I prefer and LOVE playing live. I am going to try to win my way to the EPT in Barcelona in September online though.

August is going to be a busy month. I have the ITH convention 8/10-8/14, then BARGE 8/15-8/20, then Costa Rica for the WPS 8/21-8/28. Will try to post updates while I'm gone, but no promises!

3 Comments:

Blogger Felicia :) said...

I noticed that you have added some more gears to your game. When we first met a few years back, you had one gear, full steam ahead.

Now you are actually thinking more deeply about your hands (cash game experience helps), and when to back off. Of course, that backfires sometimes, like the AK hand, but anytime we start thinking about poker in theory, outside of just an individual hand, that is a GOOD thing, imo.

6:53 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

Thanks. I know I'm still super aggresive, but I'm also able and willing to let go of hands much more often now then a year or two ago.

There's always next year!

7:02 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

I will let everyone know if I make it to Spain for sure!

I enjoyed the MissT74 satellites, a pain in the ASS, but I liked the fact that I helped 10 players get to the WSOP, many of them first timers, how cool is that??

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home