My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Grand Opening Weekend

Well, the holiday weekend has past, as has our Grand Opening Weekend.

We survived, getting everything that needed to be done...done...at 11:30pm Thanksgiving night. Working hard always feels good, IMO, even though it leaves you feeling physically exhausted.

The weekend did not generate anything CLOSE to the revenue we had hoped, but being the ever so optimistic person that I am, I'm not "worried" or anything like that...YET. It takes months to get out of the red in ANY new business, so I'm trying to help the partner see that and not get discouraged.

It can be hard sometimes when both parties feel that way, so I'm trying to be the cheerleader, although it gets pretty damn old pretty damn quick.

The marketing ideas keep going through my mind though and I know we will find one that will be the "winner" and bring in the business that we were hoping for this weekend.

In a nutshell: Could have been better, but could have been worse too.

I'll post the pics I took in a day or so, the store looks slammin! I love our decorations and the way the clothes fit in the store. I think we did an awesome job, now we just have to get the people IN the damn DOOR!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

It'll take a while, but you'll get there with a fabulous idea like that!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Wwonka said...

good luck on the new venture.

peace
billyb

12:37 PM  
Blogger Omaholic said...

Can't wait to see the pictures!

I would think with a business like this that word of mouth would be important, so it may take a little bit of time for that to develop.

9:39 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

Hey Bill! Thanks for the recommendation but writing is the least of my problems, you must not have read on RGP or on my blog that I've actually already been commisioned to write a book, so all my writing time is all booked up!! : )

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home