My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

So I'm a Little Sensitive

Email sent to support@pokerstars.com

Subject: Inappropriate Chat

I guess because I beat him in a hand he felt it was OK to chat inappropriately. I would like action taken please.

Player: WILDMANTEX
Tournament:#36700983
Table: 9
Hands: 7215010311, 7215020726, 7215036920, 7215043483

I am MissT74.

PokerStars Reply:

Hello misst74,

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention.

I have looked over the chat logs, and agree that some of this player's
remarks were inappropriate.

Our goal at PokerStars is to be a fun place to play, where everyone
can feel comfortable. I have sent this player a warning asking that
he/she refrain from this type of behavior in the future. If this
warning goes unheeded, chat privileges will be revoked.

Regards,

Jeny
PokerStars Support Team


Hence my reply:

Jeny,

I'm extremely disappointed. As a known female player, I find it regretful that PokerStars finds that being called a "cunt" is excusable with a warning.

My apologies for misunderstanding your site's chat abuse rules.

Sincerely,

Tanya Peck
MissT74


If we (players and sites alike) don't take the steps to control abusive chat, or punish abusive chat, then what's the point of even TRYING to control it???

1 Comments:

Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I entirely agree.. stop banning people's chat privs and just let US adults either turn off chat or be able to ignore a player. It seems silly to ban chat when so many tools exist for you to ignore it.

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home