My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

It's Tuesday!

That means it's time for Square Dancing lessons! I know, it's hilarious, but it's actually quite fun and it can be quite confusing as well. Makes you work your mind and your muscles at the same time, so killing two birds with one stone. Hey, at least it's exercise!!

************

Haven't been posting much lately, but that's because I haven't really had anything much to post about. I will give a little mini Vegas trip report from two weekends ago. I was a TOTAL. LUCK. BOX. I hit the Royal Flush while I was on the phone with Slim1Der from RGP, good for 4K, then I hit quads at least 10 times ($250 each), quad Aces with no kicker 4 times, and quad aces with kicker 3 times. There was one session I had at the Crazy 4 Card Poker table game, I bought in for about $300 and left with $3800. Insane!!

So I splurged a little and bought my daughter a pair of designer, Dior, sunglasses for her birthday and I bought a Dior purse for myself. I have never, EVER, paid $600 for a purse in my life. However, it felt GOOD. Thank you RIO!!

*************

My daughter's birthday was this past Friday, she had a mardi gras themed boy/girl party and I think it went over pretty well. At least that's what she and her friends said. FIVE hours long!! I was going crazy by the time it was over and retreated to my bedroom with my codeine cough syrup to relax the night and the next day away while she had two friends spend the night.

14 years old, going on 30!!

**************

I leave in about 3 weeks for St. Maartens and the WPS, remember to check it out at www.WorldPokerShowdown.com, it's not to late to go! It's also not to late to WIN your way into the event, so play the satellites at ACR (which will still honour American's!!) USE MY LINK to the LEFT!!!

**************

I have to go to Traffic Survival School this weekend. I've been putting it off for over 45 days, oopsies. 8 hours does not sound appealing to me at all, but what can I do? Apparantly when you speed and pay your hundreds of dollars in fines, that's not good enough. You have to go to a class too. Sigh.

**************

The WCOOP was almost a complete bust for me. I didn't cash in a single event, although I did make it pretty far in a few of them. Although it was a bust for me, I did cash out quite good when I backed a fellow RGP'r (Thumbers/PokerChimp) in HORSE and she came in 4th place!!! You GO girl!!

I also made a blunder when I publicly announced that I would back Fellknight in the Razz Event, but then actually watched him play one day, and rescinded my offer. That was a blunder when he ended up in 5th place. Sigh. That would have been a 9K payday for me!! SHIT!! I hate when that happens!!

**************

I'm not really worried about playing online anymore, I don't think it will be a problem for us common folks, Americans, sitting at home playing online. The problems though are going to be 1. No site will have direct satellites to American land based tournaments and 2. Firepay has backed out, I wonder if Neteller will? If they do, I have NO idea right now how I would deposit and withdraw funds. Neteller was so easy and fast, I hate the idea of having to go with mailing in checks for deposits, or waiting for a check for a withdrawal. Oh well, time will tell. I'm not panicking anymore though.

PokerStars said they are staying, as has FullTilt, ACR, and Absolute, so I should be fine with the choices of sites to play on.

*************

The Ultimate Poker Challenge is back and this time it's being held at Binion's. They are having 3 tourneys a week (Sat, Sun, and Mon) for $300/$30 buy in and they're ALL being televised.

AbsolutePoker, which I don't care for too much but will give it a whirl, is holding satellites. The package is worth 3 tourneys and $1800 spending money. SWEET! That would be awesome to win, as I plan on heading to Vegas as often as I can to try out the UPC. Apparantly, it's running for a very, VERY long time.

*************

That's it for now, sorry I don't update frequently. Work has been busy and I've been trying to stay sane. : )

7 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Thanks for updating! I keep checking to make sure you are still here ;)

Shhhh... don't tell anyone, but I've always wanted to learn how to 2-step, is that almost the same as square dancing? At least I don't have to wear the frilly skirts! Happy Birthday to your daughter - 14 - what a fun age ;)

Congrats on your huge luck streak at the Rio!! Sounds like you took a ton of money from them!

GL on the WPS - I hope you win big!

Come back and give us a good report on it, okay?

9:45 PM  
Blogger mookie99 said...

Do you know what the structure is for the Ultimate Poker Challenge tourneys ? (starting chips, blinds, etc.)

9:40 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

But Erin, those frilly skirts with the frilly panties underneath are the whole point of square dancing!!
: )

Mookie: This is the site for the UPC, but not much info on it. Not sure of the structure at all!http://www.ultimatepokerchallenge.com/tournaments.html

T

9:59 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

For sure, it was the voice. Even if you were telling me the bad news about the "new law" while I hit it.

Shit, who needs to play online poker if I can just keep hitting royal flushes???

; )

Love ya.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Nate said...

"I bought a Dior purse for myself. I have never, EVER, paid $600 for a purse in my life. However, it felt GOOD."

Do you mean like playing an angel and helping out 6 families during the holiday season "GOOD"...or like "That was a GOOD coffee," GOOD.

9:17 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

GOOD as in "GOOD that I can actually buy something that is worth something for myself instead of being poor like I have been all my life GOOD"

9:53 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

I still have your blog bookmarked even though you NEVER write in it.

New blog entry up just for you darling. : )

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home