My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

En Fuego!!

Played the $100/$9 MTT on PS, 235 entrants, should have been knocked out before the money but lucked out.

Then got lucky again and should have been out in early money position, but you know me.....

I survived until 6th place. The hand that crushed me was when I raised with As2s and guy moved all in. I had him covered by about 15K, I debated, debated. Then thought back to my earlier post. RISK vs. REWARD and so I called. He had KK, and a K came on the flop.

All in all, I'm happy with what I won, $1057.50, as I really would have been happy with the $399 finish too. LOL.

First place was $6400 though, THAT would have been nice. So, I was playing for 1st and figured if I crashed and burned, at least I have 1K, and if I don't crash then I'm all about playing for first. No guts, No glory.

Thanks to my buddy Welshman for sweating me for a few hours, and to all RGP'rs who stopped by.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

Tanya, it was a pleasure watching you work last night. Amazing, you could've easily bubbled, and then were in danger of blinding out soon after moving into the money, and you went on an incredible run. As a still-fledgling tournament player who hasn't quite had that success, I'd like to know if you're on a rush of great cards at the right time these past few days(on top of your experience and abilities), or what? I'm having a hard time figuring out what will move me from a fairly regular "get my money back" casher to a final table player.

While you were raking it in, I was struggling on a $3/R satellite to the WSOP qualifier, with top 3 getting the $615 seats and 4 spots paid. I went out 13th (201 players) when I was short stacked and had my all-in AK called and beaten by 5-5. Meanwhile, I had passed on pushing all-in with 5-5 and 7-7 just a little earlier, getting timid at the wrong time. Sure could use some mentoring on getting to the larger money -- especially with the Plaza tourney a week away.

Anyway, congrats and keep up the rush this weekend.

Gary
GAWarren on PS

8:03 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

Gary,

Sorry I didn't resond sooner. I don't really know how to exactly answer your question, but I know that my style of play has a lot to do with bravery and the willingness to commit to a hand from the get go, but also willing to lay it down if needed. I like to make the other player make a decision, not allow him to make me make the decision. It's all about aggression and just being able to take the lumps with the good. I get to a certain point, especially near bubble, when my play completely changes. I feel that my best game is short stacked, short table, and then I just have to hope for the cards, or that my aggression scares people off. Good luck to you at the Plaza, I hope you do very well!

11:03 AM  
Blogger mookie99 said...

What Plaza tourney are you referring to ?

I like to play their daily tournies, great structure for cheap.

10:21 PM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

See my earlier post:

http://misst74.blogspot.com/2005/01/plaza-world-poker-classic.html

All details and info is there. I was going to go, but am not now due to the pregnancy.

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home