My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Sunday, April 03, 2005

A Taboo Subject

"Are online poker sites rigged??"

Ahh, that one question alone is enough to drive all online players crazy, not to mention start a slew of flaming posts on RGP. I have always been an advocate of online poker rooms, I have always stood up for them, am pro-online gaming 100%!!

HOWEVER.....

I must comment on PokerStars. I have only played there for about 4-5 days and I must say I have never, EVER, in my online poker career seen so many bad beats, action flops, runner runner, miracle one outers, etc. etc. , then I have in the past 4-5 days as I have on PokerStars.

I have downloaded probably up to 40 poker websites, have deposited, played for money, lost the money or cashed out, and I have NEVER seen what I have seen here. I have played online poker for the past 4 years, with the last 2 years seeing me play online for about 6-9 hours per day, 50-60 hours per week, and I have NEVER seen what I have seen here. I am simply befuddled.

Now, before you go on thinking, "Oh, she's venting, she's been bad beat and whining about it". Acutally, right this moment, it's not the case. I have been the subject of these bad beats, sure, like when my AA all in preflop is called by the 6, 10 os and he gets 4 cards on the board to complete his straight. However, I have also done it to others like when my all in J, J preflop is called by K, K and A, Q.....my J came on the river. I have seen it happen countless times in hands/pots that I'm not even involved with. I have lost some tournaments, but I have won some tournaments.

This is NOT a whining post. This is a post being written very matter of factly with no ill feelings towards PokerStars at all. I just had to say something as I cannot fathom, cannot comprehend, cannot believe the number of suck outs I see on this site. Again, let me remind you that I am an online "pro", I AM an online player so spare me the "Oh, but you see so many hands per hour...blah blah blah" No shit. I play my ass off online, I KNOW about the statistics and every response ever made to anyone questioning the integrity of online poker.

I just don't know if I will ever be able to, in good conscience, make another deposit on this site. I will play out what I have on it, and hope that I can continue my run for awhile and maybe even win a WSOP out of the site, but due to all the action (ie suck outs) I see, I'm not holding my breath. Just too weird for me, and I am not one of those complainers/whiners that bitches about something but then does nothing about it. Due to my questioning of this site, I will have to leave it. At least, once my tournament dollars are used up. A shame too.

I do not question PokerStars integrity at all, or their customer support/service. I feel they're service/support is excellent, however, I just feel something is a little "weird" with their RNG and have never felt this way about any other site, so I feel hypocritical if I stay at a site that I feel is "weird". Maybe my mind will be changed in time, as I'm an open minded person, but for now I'll just say, "We'll see."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home