My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Saturday, April 23, 2005

"I Want To Go Higher"

(...you remember that song??)

Anyways, PartyPoker has brought us something new. To go along with the regular STEPS and the WSOP, they have introduced Mini STEPS and STEP Highers.

Here's the breakdown of the STEP Highers (in order of 1st place and down and abbreviated, but you should understand it or your missing a few screws) (Oh, and please spare me the lectures and talk of the juice on these events, I pay $3 to play STEP 1, if I win I am WINNING the juice to the next step and so on and so on. The juice on these events doesn't bother me. I'm trying to pay $30/$3 to get $100,000, bottom line)

STEP 1 ($30/$3) : 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, $25
STEP2 ($100/$10) : 3, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, $21
STEP 3 ($500/$50) : 4, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1
STEP 4 ($3000/$300) : 5, 4, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 2
STEP 5 ($15,000/$500) :
3rd Place: $20,000
2nd Place: $30,000
1st Place: $100,000

WHAT a payday, if you can make it that far. I played tonight for 3 1/2 hours and this is what I did:

#1: Busted out in 9th place = $0.00
#2: Busted out in 10th place = $0.00
#3: Busted out in 7th place = $25.00
#4: Busted out in 6th place = STEP 1
#5: Busted out in 3rd place = STEP 1
#6: Busted out in 10th place = $0.00
#7: Busted out in 9th place = $0.00
#8: Busted out in 2nd place = STEP 1
(soooo close, I had him outchipped and he sucked out on me twice, bleh)
#9: Busted out in 6th place = STEP 1
#10: Busted out in 6th place = STEP 1
#11: Busted out in 9th place = $0.00
#12 Busted out in 2nd place = STEP 1

I'm calling it a night, it's almost 1 AM and I'm tired. These STEP 1's are murder. It's tough, it's hard. I'm trying to come up with some different strategy ideas, when I find one that works, I will share.

I did have a GREAT idea though......

If one could gather 10 friends together who could actually get up to STEP 5, then you could do a 10 way chop and end up with $15,000 each, just for sitting down at STEP 5. You'd have to trust the "main" persons as they would have to transfer the money themselves since Party won't facilitate chops. But still, I'd give up a STEP 5 that I've won and take a chop of $15K..... how many wouldn't? It's not that hard to get all 10 friends at a table either, because I've noticed late at night that the STEP 5's are empty. The hard part is getting 10 people who can fight their way up to STEP 5. So, keep this in mind, and if anyone is ever interested and gets there, or KNOWS people (and I mean, really, really know and trust) then let's do this. I WILL get to STEP 5, come hell or high water. The first one I would love to chop, just to get the money hungriness out of the way, then I'll play the other ones. Postive thinking my friends!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger "MissT74" said...

You'll be happy to know, that I HAVE reconsidered. I have found the Mini Steps, and find them much easier to advance vs. the Higher Steps. Those higher steps...good grief, nothing but drama in my life. You HAVE to place first, and it's HARD!! I did play a leftover STEP 1 this morning and actually placed 1st!! Then I went into STEP 2 and placed 10th!!! Good Grief!! In the mini's, I'm having a little bit more luck, at least a LOT more play, I'm stuck in the revolving door of STEP 2's and 3's, but I am confident I will overcome. I am going to take a break after playing 12 so far, go shopping, and will be this PM.

1:06 PM  
Blogger parkcities said...

"I wanna go higher" by the seven grand housing authority. I've been trying desperately to find it on the web with no luck . . .

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home