My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Saturday, April 16, 2005

The Luck Just Won't Stop

So I went to Laughlin last night, Friday, to play at River Palms, the $100/$15 NLHE tournament that I won an entry for on Wednesday.

There were only about 28 people, so I thought I would be a shoe in for the money, top 5 get paid, but I had one of those idiots on the table. You know, the ones that don't really know how to play, and shouldn't play certain hands, but do, then they get lucky and outdraw on you?? Well, my A, 10 met up against her A, 2 and the turn brought a 2 followed by another 2 on the river. Sigh. So I was busted out fairly shortly and feeling a little bummed about it.

So I headed over to the $1 poker slot machines to pass some time and got lucky.

Extremely lucky.

I sat at one machine and hit 3 different jackpots within 30 mins. The first one was 4 Aces with a 2 kicker, good for $2000. Then I hit 4 of a kind good for $250, then I hit 4 Three's with a 2 kicker good for $800. That's $3K from one machine in 30 mins. I was loving life.

I decided to leave and was going to head home, but decided to stop in at Colorado Belle. I played some $5/$10 Omaha H/L, and actually WON $200 while sitting there. As I've said in the past, I'm not a cash game player and I usually lose the money I sit with, but I had 2-3 hands where the pots were monsters, and so I left as soon as I realized that I had actually doubled my money vs. losing it. Nice feeling, I have to admit.

So, I am on my way out the door and decide to play the $1 poker machine, same machine as at River Palms and wouldn't you know it....I hit another 4 Aces with a 3 kicker good for $2K. So, that's a LOT of money won. I gave back some of it, and was able to pay back the money that I came with to Laughlin and still had a good $3K left over. So I deducted my $800 poker bankroll share and handed $2200 over to Bill this morning with the instructions that it was to be spent on a big screen TV.

It has been bought and paid for and will be delivered on Monday. He's way excited. I'm excited. I am on one of those lucky streaks that happens every once in a while and so I will be playing it to the hilt until it's played out. Therefore, after dinner tonight, in about 1 hour, I will be playing some poker on PS and/or Party and we'll see if I can continue this streak and "hit" something for the 4th day in a row.

Oh yeah, last night, when I got home, I proceeded to deposit some money on Party, which I hadn't d0ne in some time and decided to try out the STEP WSOP qualifiers. I bought directly into STEP 2 and won my way to STEP 3 right away. I will play that tonight, and see how far I can take that as well as playing some MTT's. Will report later tonight or tomorrow on how I did.

Also, with the way my luck has been running, I'm a shoo in to win the RGP WSOP qualifier tomorrow on PS!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home