My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Monday, April 25, 2005

Trivial Bullshit Vs. Life

I played in the $30/$3 R WSOP Qualifier today, 1 seat guaranteed, 2nd-12th = $650 each, 13th = $240. I played my ass off and what did I get to show for it? 3rd place.

I thought 1st place was a lock when I was dealt A, A with 520,000 or so in chips, Player #2 had $140,000 or so and Player #3 had $240,000...give or take. I raised, #2 moved all in, #3 folded, I happily called to see him turn over J, J.

Before I even type it, you know that a J came, but not on the flop or the turn, oh no, it had to come on the river. If I had won that hand, I would have been a lock for 1st place and my first $10,000 WSOP seat. There was another hand too that he ended up sucking out on me on the river, I had him the whole way, but ces la vie. Hey, at least I got $650 to try, try again, right??

Turns out, mere hours later, I could care less. The above paragraphs are what should be, and are to me, considered "trivial", if not even "trivial bullshit". I had kept notes on the last hour of play and was going to type a nice, juicy detailed report, but it's not going to happen now.

If you ever find yourself in a situation while playing poker where you think the world sucks, the poker gods are out to get you, online sites are rigged, too many bad beats, blah blah blah, WHATEVER. Take a look around you, at your family, your loved ones, and I pray that you realize that all that I mentioned above is Trivial Bullshit vs. Life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home