My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Friday, November 11, 2005

World Poker Showdown

Yours truly has recently been hired as the Head of Public Relations for World Poker Showdown.

I will start by working the WPS II Cruise, set for 12/11-12/18, and then the St. Maartens event set for April/May.

The decision to work for WPS was hard, but easy.

It was easy because this is something that I have wanted to do for awhile, to get my foot into the door and work on the "other" side of the poker table, and to also get to know more poker business minded people. I think this is an excellent opportunity and I plan on making the powers that be proud of me.

It was difficult because of the recent discussions with Bill and traveling/poker. However, after many hours of discussion,, I have come to understand his position, just as I feel he understands mine. To reinterate, his biggest concern about my traveling was the time away from home, namely, the traveling that I would be doing outside of the immediate area. Immediate area defined as California, Nevada, and Arizona. So, while it's OK to go to Vegas frequently; traveling outside of the USA will be limited to a few weeks a year.

The reasoning for this will be because if anything was to happen, or if Cherissa was to need me, I would be able to get home in a few hours rather then a day or two if I'm out of the country.

The exceptions being during summertime, when I will be able to take her with me, and I can show her different parts of the world! My baby is getting a passport, it just tickles me!! I'm 31 and just NOW getting a passport!

So, far anyone who wishes to know more about the WPS cruise go to http://www.worldpokershowdown.com/ if there's anything I can help you with, email me or leave a comment.

If there is anyone out there who is interested in doing a kind of last minute cruise, what are you waiting for?? Come cruise with me!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Shelly said...

Congrats! Randy and I hope to take a poker cruise next year. You'll be great in that job! :)

10:27 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

LOL....sorry Mom, this is a cruise that you can't come on as a guest of mine.

Maybe in January I can use your assistance in the Bahamas, we'll see. (wink wink)

8:49 AM  
Blogger Kram420 said...

Real work... WOW!:)

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home