My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

2006 WSOP Plans

Here it is, a SECOND post in one day, how could my readers get so lucky?

I've decided to make my 2006 WSOP Plans public, since I get asked a lot about what I plan on doing, playing, etc.

I have marked the events that I'm interested in playing in. I do this every year, where I print out the schedule and "in a perfect world" highlight all the events that I would play if I could. It's a pretty extensive list, because again, if I could, I would.

They are:
Event #2, $1500 NLHE
Event #4, $1500 LHE
Event #5, $2500 Shorthanded NLHE
Event #6, $2000 NLHE
Event #11, $1500 LHE
Event #13, $2500 NLHE
Event #25, $2000 NLHE Shootout
Event #31, $2000 NLHE
Event #33, $1500 7 Card Razz
Event #35, $1000 7 Card H/L
Event #37, $1500 NLHE

TOTAL BUY INS: $19,500.00

I did book a cruise with my sister, PJ, for a "Thelma and Louise" trip from 7/10-7/14, so I will skip Events #17 through #24 and head back to Vegas for Event #25 on 7/16.

I have also decided on my plan of action:

I had a lot of success in the satellites last year, and the years before. I believe myself to be a good satellite player. So the goal is to win 2 satellites for every one WSOP event that I want to enter. This way, I can bring home the winnings of the satellite and still play the event, and not come home completely empty handed if I don't cash.

I have also made it my goal to play only televised events, as I am a true believer that I only need to win ONE major tournament, that's televised, to hit it "big". I've been told before how marketable I would be if I were to become "well known" and I have to believe it if I have any hopes of achieving this goal.

Once I play the televised events, and if I do that well in the satellites, then I'll play the other non-televised events for the sole purpose of simply trying to win a damn bracelet, and playing "for fun" for myself, such as Razz. I am not missing that event!!

I have also decided that even though I never really plan on playing in the Main Event, I must win a Main Event package on PokerStars.

Not JUST for the purpose of being able to play the Main Event, but because I have to get the first win out of the way so that I can then try to win multiple Main Event packages, which would be $12,000 cash. I thought about it, and I would basically be playing in events with 200-400 players, and all I have to do is get in the top 6-10 (I'm thinking of the $650 Sunday Satellites) and I would win $12,000 CASH. (only after I win the first one, of course) That's prize money that's equal to a MTT with over 3000+ entries. Seems pretty smart to me to go this route, now I just have to try to play good poker and hopefully, get lucky enough to win not only one but two or three, hell I'll take as many as I can get!!

I have also made the decision to make it a "sober" year at the WSOP and will not be drinking and/or partying it up while in Vegas for the WSOP to the extent that I did last year. I will not party the night before an event, or the morning of, but will certainly party the night of an event, as long as I'm not playing and there isn't one the next day. I will also seriously party if I happen to cash well or (cross your fingers) win an event. (LOL).

Last year, while though it was my 3rd year at the WSOP, was the first year I actually played events. I played 9 of them and never made it past dinner break in any of them. That changes this year. Now I know how it feels to play in the events, I know how it feels to win enough satellites to cover my events, and I know how it feels to drop out of events so quickly and I decided that I just don't like that feeling. LOL.

I have also decided to not offer shares of myself, or ask for backers as I feel that if anyone knows me well enough to want to back me and/or respects me well enough to back me, then they would approach me. I will not be approaching anyone for backing this year. Well, except for Russ, because he announced that he'll back 5 players in the Main Event, and if he were to choose me, I'd let him. ; )

Of course, my blog readers will be kept up to date of anything interesting that happens in my quest to the WSOP.

12 Comments:

Blogger "MissT74" said...

LOL, damn, what MORE do you want from me???

2:40 PM  
Blogger Chad C said...

Sounds like a very sound satellite strategy. But, have you looked into Full Tilt? They have $1000 satellites every Money with 1/12 odds and two $200 events during the week. They actually give you CASH MONEY as well when you win multiple seats, not just W$ Stars gives you. They are also going to be running satellites to pre-lim events soon as well unlike Poker Stars. I know most people are married to Poker Stars ( I used to be as well), just an idea though :)

3:02 PM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

Yes, I do believe I'll give FT a try, I know they have smaller fields too, but I've just never had any luck on that site...YET. However, I will try, thanks for the advice!

4:10 PM  
Blogger John G. Hartness said...

I second the suggestion for FTP, their MTTs are pretty soft, and I was able to win my way into their 100-seat guarantee tourney on my first try. Also, if you get to the main event through them, and win, they'll pony up $1 million per year for the next 10 yrs.

pretty sweet.

7:56 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

Hmmm, I posted a comment earlier but I guess it didn't go through.

Terry: Yes, that was probably me. I made notes during the first few events, then quit. I will be more diligent this year.

Danny: Good luck with your blog, it can be hard sometimes keeping up with it.

Falstaff: I have no intentions of taking FT up on it's 10 million/10 year contract as I would get triple that the first year alone on my own, should I win, being the first female to do so.

Fellknight: Exactly.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Chad C said...

Hey Missy, Full Tilt is now offering $24+$2 Satellites to $1500 events of your choice. So in theory you could play at Full Tilt for pre-lim events and Stars for the Main Event? I believe that $10Mil for winning is just so they can put your face on everything they have and commercials.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Chad C said...

Oh yeah, here is a link.. http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/proBracelets.php

3:42 PM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

Thanks Crack, I will be trying at Full Tilt along with PS, we'll see what happens.

On another note, ya know I love ya just cuz you're a reader of mine, but if you EVER call me "missy" again, I'll hurt you. ; )

Just call me T. ;)

T

11:11 AM  
Blogger gregoire said...

Seeing your adventurous and aggressive schedule for the wsop, I'm willing to bet you either of 2 bets:

1. That you won't finish in the money in any of those events

or

2. That your net ROI will be negative.

Don't want to make to big a deal of it, so how about a bet of $100.

Good luck.

you'll need it!!

9:05 PM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

Gregory,

I'd be willing to take the $100 bet on #2. While I can't say that I would cash in any event, I do know my satellite history and strongly believe my ROI to be positive.

T

9:38 PM  
Blogger smokkee said...

what a buzzkill.

11:37 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

All I can do is LOL. : )

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home