My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Friday, December 15, 2006

And the weeks go by....

Lorrie, this post is for you. : )

My darling sister Lorrie has been pressuring me, DEMANDING me to post more often and then I get an email this AM from her twin, Corrie, telling me the same damn thing....so here it is.

The store is going quite well, in terms of new businesses. They say that most new businesses fail and that it takes 6-12 months to get out of the red. Well, we're doing better then that, we're breaking even. However, being the ever so optimistic person that I am, I set the bar (mentally) WAY HIGH and so have been having feelings of disappointment, even though I know we're doing better then we should be doing, as a new business.

9 days until Christmas, and one week left for shopping so we decided to saturate the air with commercials on two different radio stations in hopes that we can get a lot of last minute shoppers in the store next week and next weekend and have a slamming end of the month in sales! We shall see how it goes, and I will report back, so keep your fingers crossed for me!

*********************

My daddy is coming to visit me this weekend! He'll only be here Sat-Sun, but I haven't seen him in awhile so it will be great to visit with him. I'm making him go with me to one of my clients Christmas party, which is always a fun time, so it should be a great visit!

**********************

Cherissa and I were going to spend Christmas in Las Vegas, but we decided to stay home instead, it's cheaper. : )

We both discussed how there's really not much we need or want, but I was able to find a few things for her that I'm sure she'll enjoy and she'll have Grandpa or Grandma take her shopping to get a few things for me so that we at least have something under our 3 ft fake tree. LOL

***********************

So that's about it, just working and working and trying to "Do It" and make it in the world and in life. Rough bumps in the past few weeks, but I'm resiliant and I always get over my bad moods pretty quickly when I have them.

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger babylamb said...

Hey Big Sis..... Thanks for the update and the mention of my name. I'm feeling the love now. Have fun with Daddy this weekend...

11:41 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

LOL, you really WERE checking my blog every hour on the hour for the update for the past 4 days, huh??

: )

Love ya.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home