My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Stress

People handle stress in many different ways. I've always been the type of person that gets stressed out, heavily, for a minute or so (ok, maybe up to a few hours or so) and then it goes away. It's usually a "HERE IT IS!! STRESS!!" kind of moment, then I get over it, or deal with it and it goes away.

Or so I thought.

I've been having problems sleeping for the last few months, and this is something that is very uncharacteristic of me. I have always had the problem of not being able to fall asleep quickly, usually taking up to an hour or so to fall asleep. Yet, once I am asleep, I'm there, I'm out...until morning or until it's time to wake up.

I noticed tonight, meaning I'm actually thinking about it...that I haven't had a full night of interrupted sleep in over four months. I always wake up about 1-2 hours after initially falling asleep (which still takes up to an hour) and then I wake up an additional 3-4 times every night.

I see my clock every night:

12:30 am

2:46 am

4:15 am

5:55 am

6:30 am

8:15 am

Until I finally get out of bed.

The only time I DON'T see this are the nights where I fall into bed in a drunken stupor, which I will admit, is not as often as some people seem to think it is and that is not the answer to my problem that I'm looking for.

I will be seeing my doctor tomorrow and will talk to him about it, but I'm fearful of sleeping pills as I already have an addictive personality by my nature, so I'm scared of taking them to sleep, then really getting addicted to them.

So I started thinking of what could be causing it and I've come to 2 conclusions, one of which I don't think is it so I'm disallowing it, but would like to hear what others think.

1. Iced Tea - Caffeinated (sp?) I drink about 1/2-1 gallon of iced tea a day. While others would say, "Oh yeah, that's it, too much caffeine!" I have to beg to differ because I've been drinking this much tea for over 8 years. Unless there is some magical 'build up' of caffeine that happens, then I can't see this being the answer as my sleep patters have only changed in the last 4-5 months.

2. Stress - While I feel I handle stress well, and I don't feel stress when I go to sleep, perhaps my subconscience is trying to tell me otherwise? I do believe stress is something that CAN build up, unlike caffeine (IMO), so I find this to most likely be the answer.

Ah well...we'll see what the good old Doc says tomorrow.

In the meantime..um, good night??

3 Comments:

Blogger "MissT74" said...

Sorry wind, but some info hasn't been released to my blog although you may know of it from other sources, so I had to delete your comment.

HOWEVER, I agree with you, it just surprises me as I've never been the kind of person to let stress actually affect me, physically.

: )

3:22 PM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

Sorry Ansky, I only link to people I know and I don't allow spam on my blog. Thanks for reading though!

T

12:05 PM  
Blogger LIVECHAT said...

I really like you blog- got to check on it more often. Maybe you are interested in Live Chat solutions for business? If yes, please visit this website and search for LIVECHAT ContactCenter

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home