My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

WSOP/BCP TR #2

Which you should have gotten a few days ago, but I wanted to make sure I typed something up for you all before I leave again today, back to Vegas. It's always hectic and crazy when I come home in between trips, getting caught up on work, getting ready to leave again, etc. etc.

I'm not going to go into too many details about last weekend but will instead talk about the "one" that got away from me.

On Saturday I played the $550 Venetian, 485 entrants, only 40 got paid. This in itself I don't understand as most tournaments pay out the top 10% of the entrants, so I believe 48-49 should have been paid, but from what I've heard the Venetian is very top heavy. I don't mind that, IF I were to get to the top. And man, was I on my way. I played solid, good, sometimes drunken (I got drunk while playing the first 4-5 hours then sobered up the final 4 hours. I played for 10 hours total, busting out right around 10pm on THIS hand:

Antes are 1K, blinds are 2K/4K. I have 120K in front of me after paying my antes, I'm UTG and look down to AcKc. There were only 7 players at the table, 44 players left in the event.

Everyone folds to the SB, which is typical, there all pretty much playing bubble style, as I was.....although I wasn't getting any hands, so that helped me but in each orbit I'm losing 13K, so I have to do something at some point or I'll just ante/blind myself past the bubble, and I don't want to pass the bubble (Well, I DO but I DON'T, ya know??).

Anywho, the SB looks at me (cute guy, in his laste 20's or early 30's, had already shared his spring rolls with me) and says, "You know what? This is the stupidest call I am ever going to make in my life, but I like you and I'm tired and if anyone is going to get my chips, I want it to be you".

Flips over 4c5c.

You know the rest of the story. Flop comes 3, 3, 5 Turn J River 10 and IGHN. SIGH.

I LOVED the call, when I saw it, just hated the flop, when I saw it.

Never found out how much 1st paid but that would have given me 260K in chips, well within chipleader range and from what I've figured out/heard, 1st place was probably anywhere from 25-30K. CRINGE.

Gawd, Sometimes I hate poker so much. : )

However, I digress and I'm off to Vegas. This weekend has RAZZ at Binions, so hopefully I can do good there since I love that game and today is $200 NLHE at Binions.

Have a great weekend, and I will write again on Monday when I return home. Ciao!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Ugh - that is just a bad beat at such an important time... So sorry, but you'll kick ass this weekend I'm sure!!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Reno Deano said...

Your post was confusing...did you go all-in UTG, or did he go all-in first.

9:31 PM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

I apologize for any confusion, I went in ALL IN UTG, and he called from the SB with 4c5c. I had AcKc.

T

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home