My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Waxing Philosophy

I had an interesting dream last night, I won't go into details but when I woke up it left me instantly thinking "When is the line drawn?"

Where do you draw the line on someone being confident and a "go-getter" vs. being selfish and spoiled?

For example, if I say "I deserve better" or "I deserve it" or "I deserve more" am I being confident or am I being selfish? Does it depend on the item/object/subject?

I'm truly puzzled about this and would like others input. My first reaction is, of course, that I'm just being confident and that dammit, I DO deserve it. (Whatever "It" is) but then I looked deeper, or more to the point, I look at how OTHERS would look at it and I'm thinking it might actually come across or appear to be selfish.

How do you draw the line? Where do you draw the line?

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Tanya - you know I have ALWAYS said that I think you do deserve everything you get - you have earned it!

That being said, I think the line is drawn when it gets to the point that it is all about you and doesn't take into account other people's feelings. This is a generalization, and not actually taking into accoutn what you are talking about - because quite frankly you never did say :)

So, the bottom line is, I think you are being true to yourself by saying you deserve something, not necessarily being selfish. I don't see you as being a selfish person at all, but I only know you through WPC of the past and this blog, so I can't say for certain, but I do see you as very self-confident and a woman who knows what they want.

Therefore, if you think you deserve "it" then it is not being selfish.

I hope that helped, lol.

11:13 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

That's a very good point, about when it gets to the point that it's all about me and doesn't take into account other people's feelings.

There really isn't a "specific" incident that I'm referring too, it does have to do mostly with my dream, because in my dream, I said, "I deserve this" but then when I woke up I just started thinking. Not if I do deserve it, whatever it is, because I feel I do, but whether or not that makes me truly selfish and "its all about me" etc.

I totally have admitted in the past that their are absolutely times when I have been selfish and I AM a selfish person, but I'm also a very caring and giving person, so does that counteract the selfishness when it does appear????

Sigh, maybe I'm just having a bad mood/depressed kind of day. ; )

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home