My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Thursday, March 31, 2005

PokerStars!!

FINALLY! I am playing on PokerStars. I decided to try and download it yesterday to see if it would still crash my system. I did crash within the first 5 mins of downloading, but then I rebooted and re-opened PS and I was able to play for over 6 hours while also surfing the web, so I think it must be something in my system, and not PS as my system will periodically crash even before I had PS installed last time. OK...on to some poker news!

I played the $10/$1R, $15K guaranteed, was able to get away with only 1 rebuy and the addon, and ended up in about 67th place out of 573 with 54 getting paid. Sooo close to being in the money on my first PS tourney.

I played 2 $5.50R WSOP Double Shootout satellites, but was unable to do much in either one, although for these tourneys being Turbos, I felt they were much better structured then Party's Speed tourneys and I simply went card dead in the 1st one or I do believe I wouldv'e placed. In the 2nd one, I sat out for a few minutes to start dinner and I forgot it was a Turbo so I missed 2 blinds only and it crushed me, lol. My bad!

I played a $20/$2 SNG and I ended up bubbling in 4th when I was bluffed off a nice big size pot with KJ high, and she only had Q7..no pair, and then showed as if to "rub it in" I hate that, but I try not to let it show. I don't want them to think that it bothers me although it really does. LOL

I also played in the RGP HORSE event on Full Tilt, and OMG..I sucked!! I ended up placing 55th and I think only 57 entered. LOL. ICKY, ICKY, ICKY. I was truly embarrased with that showing, believe you me!

I stopped working yesterday afternoon around 2 pm and decided to take the rest of the day off to play some poker on PS and although I haven't cashed yet, I'm optomistic. I will be playing $5-$10 SNG's today while I'm working, I am going to try and master the SNG's on PS and then hopefully be able to cash in on a MTT. And, of course, I need to start trying to qualify for the WSOP.

I have told Bill that if I qualify online, I am definantly going to the WSOP, but if I don't qualify then I'm not going. Bill doesn't really want me going period, but I was, and will be, very firm if I win my seat. There is no way I am going to miss a won seat in the WSOP. Not going to happen.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

Welcome to PS. Assume you're using MissT74? I'm under GAWarren and play most nights anywhere from 9 p.m.-2 a.m. EST (plus some daytime tourneys).

I'm also trying for a WSOP seat via PS and playing the satellites. Not a bad week so far, winning a $3/R sat on Monday to advance to the qualifier on Sunday (cashed out the $650 for PS special event dollars, trying to stretch that into a couple shots at the WSOP rather than risking it all on one shot).

There's a decent event at 11:30 p.m. EST (also one during the day) that guarantees one seat for a $30/R entry. They've been getting 360 players, which winds up awarding two WSOP seats plus paying out nine or 10 places with a few hundred dollars.

By the way, I added a comment two or three posts ago asking about the Plaza WPC. Any insights appreciated.

6:06 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

Yes, I am MissT74 on PS. Sorry about ignoring the previous post, I never got an email from blogspot telling me there was a comment, so I missed it. I seem to get some and not others, it's weird, I'm set up to get an email notification, but it's hit and miss it seems. Anywhoo, I posted a reply so you can go back there and read it, unless you get an email notification that I responded. LOL
I will watch for you on PS.

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home