My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Monday, May 02, 2005

The Big Dance, Take II

(2nd post of the day, you guys are in for a treat)

So I am playing in the $30/$3 R, 1 WSOP seat guaranteed. 299 Entrants, 2nd-15th gets $650 cash. I did not have to do a rebuy, I did do the add on for $30.

I barely made it into the money, and I mean barely....so the next step was to play for first.

I get AQ bb, the button raises, SB moves all in, I know that the button will call, they both have me covered. I decide to gamble and call. Sure enough, the button calls and shows K, K. SB shows A,K. I am in 3rd place. Flop comes A, 4, 8 turn is X, river is .....you guessed it, Q.

8 players left and I am now in 1st position in chips.

7 players left, I am 2nd in chips.

6 players left, I am 2nd in chips.

5 players left, I am 3rd in chips. (I've gone card dead, can you tell??)

Blinds are 4K/8K, I get Qd8d on the button, I raise to 36K. BB moves all in, costs me another 90K to stay, and I am at 166K now. I decide to gamble again, I call, he shows 7, 7. Flop comes Q, 8, X...X...X...4 players left now, I am 2nd in chips.

LP: A,3os I raise to 40K, the BB calls (1st in chips). Flop comes A, 3, 5. He checks, I bet 8K (minimum) he folds. Bleh, but I'm 1st in chips now.

A, 8 BB, Button raises to 24K, I call. Flop comes A, 9, 10. I check, he bets 48K, I call. Turn is 7, I bet 100K, he folds. 4 players left, chip counts are: 430K (me), 298K, 263K, 69K.

UTG, I get AQs, I raise to 100K, they all fold.

BB, I get Q,K. SB moves in, I call (he's the short stack), he has 9, 10. He gets a 10 on the flop, I lose this hand. Now at 382K.

K, 10 SB, I raise to 40K, BB moves all in, 214K to call, I call. He shows 7, 7 and the flop comes 3,2,10 Turn is 5, River is A, I win. 3 left now: 638K (me), 250K, 136K.

Q,J BB, SB moves all in, I call for another 163K, he shows Q, J as well and we chop.

K,Q SB, I move all in, they fold.

10, Q UTG/Button, I raise to 64K, SB folds, BB moves in for 107K more, I call, he shows K, J. Flop comes 6, J, 6, Turn A, River 10. I lose. Chip counts: 474K (me), 348K, 230K

So, we're playing, I gave the short stack double up after double up and he ends up losing it all to the other guy, he is out and now it's heads up. I have 449K, he has 604K.

We play several hands, I get the best of him at one point, then the FINAL hand:

J, K SB, I raise, he moves all in, I call. He shows 5, 5.

Flop: 6, 10, A

Turn: 9

River: (I know you want me to say Q, J, or K.....) 2

I lose. Out in 2nd place. ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

Sigh.

Well, last week I played this same event and I placed 3rd, and that was my best placement so far in the quest for the 10K seat, so this time I placed 2nd and that means next time, I'll win.

Right??? (I did get $650.00, woo frickin hoo)

3 Comments:

Blogger TuscaloosaJohnny said...

Wow, good job! I can't imagine the pain of being so close to winning a seat in the big dance not once, but twice! You will get them next time :)

"Tuscaloosa" Johnny
pokernation.blogspot.com

9:01 AM  
Blogger Human Head said...

Even though you came up short, a 3rd and 2nd consecutive placing it just awesome. Note to self: Don't sit at your table :)

9:09 AM  
Blogger April said...

Congrats! I hope you do take first the next time, you deserve it!

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home