My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

PSFTUB

In that order....that's where I played today, and I played a LOT.

I started with a $20/$2 NLHE tourney around 1pm, didn't finish until about 5pm, and of course, out of the money. Sweet one too, 1st paid $6800.

I then went on to play the RGP Challenge, 7 card stud tonight, and OY! 4th person out or thereabouts. However, I did play a $100 LHE MTT and ended up in 2nd! You would think WOO HOO! However, only 9 people played, so I got a whomping $270. Ah well, at least I made the money!

I then decided I was bored and went to the $100 store to go shopping. You know which one I mean, Wal-Mart. You can go to that store for ONE item, and still walk out spending $100. I am in need of a new printer, so was going to go look at what they had there, because otherwise I'll have to drive 45 mins away just to go to a real office supply store. Turns out they don't have a printer that's good enough, but I found some other stuff. I escaped with having spent $98.33.

Got back home and played 2 tourneys at UB, but didn't do well over there at all, so quickly left once I busted out of both of those.

Moved over to PS, played a $20/$2 Omaha H/L, stunk.

Played PLO, loving it! Still playing right now and only 53 people joined, but I have been chip leader for almost the entire tourney. There are currently 21 players left, I am in 2nd position now (but just barely), and top 2 places get a seat into the PLO WCOOOP Event on 9/16/05 worth $530.

My strategy in PLO may not be the best, but it's working tonight so far. I try to see as many flops as possible. I will raise pot preflop if I have AA, KK, QQ, AK, double suited cards with A or K, etc. Otherwise, I simply limp and the players are allowing this tonight. I then see the flop and go from there. It's allowed me to make quite a few hands as "you never know what's coming on the flop". Of course, being chip leader helps with that. I couldn't see nearly the number of flops I'm seeing now if I had no stack. Also, now that it's getting towards the end, I'll have to start playing a little bit tighter.

15 left, I'm in 3rd position. Still looking OK.

KcKhQh10c, 1 limper before me, I raise pot to $880, the SB is all in but he's been on auto for hours. I get no callers, and they knock the SB out without even running the cards. Weird, I thought they would at least run the cards? Hmmm. I'm thinking that PS automatically folds their cards if they are "sitting out".

Some random thoughts while I sit here:

Felicia seems to be feeling much better. She decided to stop the chemo therapy, and I can't say I blame her. I would be doing the exact same thing in her situation, but she made a comment about how people might not agree with her decision but I say Screw Them! They don't have to live with the repercussions of chemo.

Morphy of http://donkeymanifesto.blogspot.com/ is recovering from back surgery. He seemed to be having a bad night tonight, but I wish him all the best, less pain, and a speedy recovery.

Dr. Pauly is back in NY now, if your not keeping up with his blog due to the WSOP being over, then your missing one HELL of a writer. http://taopoker.blogspot.com/

Fellknight seems to be missing in action, haven't seen him around RGP or at the RGP Challenges lately. Getting burned out on poker already?? Hmmm.

I've been tearing up the forums over at www.internettexasholdem.com if you haven't checked that forum out, you should. Matthew Hilger is a great author, and the people that make up ITH are most cool.

Haven't been given too much crap over at RGP lately. www.recpoker.com An interesting thread evolved from a tourney that I was watching, sweating a fellow RGP'r named Smellmuth. They were down to 3 people in a $10/$1 R and they agreed to do a chip chop count. When Patrick, the CSR from PS, gave the numbers, I knew immediantly that the numbers were wrong, but honestly, I was too scared to say anything. I didn't want to appear "rude" by speaking up as just a "railbird". After all, I wasn't in it, so I should keep my mouth shut, right?

I've come to the conclusion, after discussion about this on RGP, that if players are discussing the chop, as far as who gets what, then to absolutely stay out of it, unless specifically asked for advice. However, if the CSR from PS comes back and gives wrong numbers, then to speak up right away. Would have made Smellmuth an extra $500-$600. Ah well, live and learn.

13 left and I've dropped down to 6th. Cripes, I better start concentrating! OK, 1 hand later, back in 3rd. It's going to be a pretty close game. The top 4 are all within 2K-6K of each other, and 5-9 are all within 4K of each other. No major leaders, and one good hand with an equal stack can really put someone over the top of everyone else. Blinds are 500/1000 now, 12 left.

I will post this now, so as not to lose it accidentally and come back and edit my results. Wish me luck!

EDIT:
BLEH....6th place. $33.00, no major mistakes, just outdrawn on a few hands. The 2nd to last was when I flopped top 2 pair, but he flopped a set and slowplayed it. Bedtime now.

6 Comments:

Blogger Felicia :) said...

The only person who makes me feel guilty about it is my Dad. And that is because he is concerned and doesn't understand the difference between chemo to kill systematic cancer, and chemo to kill the possibility of recurrent cancer.

TY for the thought. Hope you are doing well, too.

1:49 PM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

That makes sense. I know that if I was in the same situation, it would be my Dad too. Well, hopefully, there will be a time when he can understand better why you made the choice you did.

Doing well here, just busy as hell. Talk to you soon, I'm sure.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Kram420 said...

Hey! You're one cool ass chick!:)

2:35 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

(Thanks, I'll send the $20 to your PS account!)

: )

7:43 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

I sent you several emails, and never got a response! Yes, I got your new address and sent a package to you a few days ago, watch for it!!!

T

11:21 AM  
Blogger Kram420 said...

:):) Thanks for that 20$ LOL

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home