My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Monday, July 18, 2005

Summary WSOP Report

Well, it's over, congratulations to all that played hard and won big, good for you I say!!!

FINANCIALLY:

Looking over my receipts, I can only guestimate at the amount total spent and won.

Events: $12,500
This includes the Last Chance 11 pm and the Super Satellites along with Events #: 2, 4, 9, 15, 16, 26, 30.

Satellites: $7,000
I have NO idea, but had roughly estimated this figure while there, to get a receipt for tax purposes, and I figured 3 satellites a day on days I didn't have events. DAMN, I should have kept better records! Now that I actually do the calculations, I think I spent well over $12,000.

Gambling: $10,000
Slots, Let It Ride, 3-5-7, Boston 5 Card Poker, 3 Card Poker.

OK, so that would put me at spending around $28K, not counting gas, hotel, food, etc. So let's just say $30K to make it an even number.

I know that I made exactly 3 withdrawals from our personal account of $500 each, for a total of $1500.
I know that I withdrew most funds from my online poker accounts for a total of about $4000
I know that I collected about $2400 from backers.

BY THE WAY: To my backers, thank you again for supporting and believing in me. I am truly sorry that I couldn't make us all BIG money, we all know that's the risk with backing, but I hope you at least feel like you've got your money's worth by living vicariously through me in my blog. Please trust me when I say that I did NOT drink the night before, or the day of any event that I was backed in. I know it may be hard to believe after reading all my Drunk Lady trip reports, but I had too much respect for you and the event to do that. All my drunkedness happended after busting out and drowning my sorrows, ha ha ha.

So, I started with about $8K, spent $30K, and have come home with Nada. Therefore, am I technically down $30K or down $8K? I say I'm down $5500K as that's what was taken out of my accounts, but 4K of it was already marked for poker, so technically, I only spent $1500 of household money.

AND I played for 4 days a week for all 6 weeks.

I'm OK with my figures, I know that if I didn't win as many satellites that I did, or win the jackpots on those damn Video Poker machines, that I probably would not have been able to last longer then the first 2 weekends. So, again, I'm OK with my figures!!

EDIT: I DID NOT LOSE $30,000 AT ONE TIME. I USED $6,400 TO PLAY FOR 6 WEEKS. IN ESSENCE, I USED $7,900 WHICH WAS $2,400 FROM BACKERS AND $4,000 FROM MY POKER BANKROLL AND $1,500 FROM OUR PERSONAL ACCOUNT. I WAS WILLING TO SPEND ALL OF MY POKER BANKROLL ($4k) AT THE WSOP, AND THAT IS WHAT THAT MONEY WAS EARMARKED FOR. I LOST $1,500 OF OUR PERSONAL MONEY DURING THE ENTIRE 6 WEEKS AND I DO NOT FEEL THAT THAT IS BAD, FOR 6 WEEKS WORTH OF PLAYING. WOULD I HAVE LIKED TO HAVE BROUGHT HOME $30,000? AM I FUCKING STUPID? DOES EVERYONE SIMPLY THINK I'M FUCKING STUPID? I NEVER HAD MORE THEN $5K ON ME AT ONE TIME, AND IT WAS USUALLY 3-4K THAT I HAD ON ME THAT I USED TO REINVEST IN SATELLITES, EVENTS, ETC.

SO YES, I AM OK WITH MY NUMBERS AND SO IS BILL, AND THAT'S REALLY ALL THAT MATTERS, ISN'T IT? YET I CONTINUE TO BE CRITICIZED AND I CONTINUE TO LET IT BOTHER ME, THAT'S THE REAL PROBLEM, THAT I LET OTHER PEOPLE'S OPINIONS BOTHER ME. WHAT CAN I SAY, THAT'S PART OF ME THAT I NEED TO CHANGE.

EMOTIONALLY:

WOW, what a whirlwind 6 weeks it has been and although I had my ups and downs, and I never made it past 2nd break at any event, I seemed to do quite well in the satellites and simply had an overall marvelous time. I got to meet people that I only knew from online, I gained some very dear new friends, and I got to be better acquainted with past poker friends. I am a social butterfly and I LOVE socializing, so the past 6 weeks has been phenomenal. I loved my experience and am so happy and glad that I was able to do it. Much kudos and love to Bill for being so patient and tolerant during these weeks, and where the HELL would I be without Linda, my manager who was always there backing me up (and my business) when I was gone.

Loved it!

8 Comments:

Blogger Seed said...

Wow, Tanya.

You lost 30K and you are OK with it? Sorry, but I don't understand this. You lost 30K. Only 1500 was household money? It could have all been household money. A year of college tuition. A new car or two. 8 vacations for the whole family. A downpayment on a house.

Have you lost perspective on this game? Why would dropping 30K not bother you?

You had problems getting a downpayment on a house. You had problems with hiding your losses from your husband last year. Does not hiding them make it any better.

Seriously, you should consider lowering your sites, playing smaller stakes, and building up an adequate bankroll that you can play within.

I might be totally off base. Maybe these kinds of losses are no big deal because you win so much elsewhere, but I don't think this is the case.

You are a really cool person and have are great to the people around you. You have obviously established great friendships to get the backing you did for both your poker and your home purchase.

I wouldn't be writing this if I didn't think you were a very cool person. But, since I only know you from a few posts on a poker board, I think I have a great perspective to tell you what your closer 'friends' and husband might not be willing to tell you.

Losing 30K is a BIG DEAL and you should either get yourself in MUCH smaller games and prove that you can control your spending or seek some professional help.

Best of Luck,
Charlie

11:53 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

Your wrong, you are correct when you say your are totally off base, Charlie.

I never, ever had more then 5K on my at any time. As a poker player, I lose money, win some back, lose some again, win some back, lose some again, etc. It's a cycle that we all hope (as poker players) ends with a "big" win, etc. The biggest one time win was 4K on a slot machine..royal flush, which I then used to buy into an event. The 2nd biggest one time win was 3K in a satellite which I then used to buy into an event. The rest were all chops, small, 500-1K, etc which was used to play other satellites.

I was never at the point of being able to bring home 30K in my pocket. I never, ever had more then 5K at a time, which I then would reinvest, while TRYING to make the 10's of K's that I could then bring home.

I'm sorry that I didn't make that clearer and to be quite honest, I'm sorry that I sound like such a degenerate gambler and alcoholic to everyone. I just don't understand the judgemental behaviour presented by so many people towards me. I know I bring it upon myself by even having a blog, but the blog was started for friends and family in the first place. It's taken a life of it's own and I wonder why all the interest in little-old-nobody me. It's not like I'm a well know player by any means.

Egads.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Seed said...

Sorry, I read it wrong. You only lost 8K. My bad. Seriously, the way it was written, I thought you said 30K total. The post doesn't list the wins that offset the losses, and the post totals the losses only, which I have never seen anyone do before. I read it badly. If 8K is affordable to you then I was wrong. Sorry.

I wasn't trying to be judgemental and I don't think I had a single personal attack in that post. I obviously had some really good things to say, so take it the way you want. What was meant as a direct and honest post from someone who was concerned can be interpretted however the reader wishes. My premise was mistaken which is why I said I might be off base.

Since you specifically point out that you started this blog for friends and family, it is obvious that you are re-directing me elsewhere. No problem.

Best of Luck,
Charlie

12:23 PM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

Charlie,

I'm sorry. I've just been so attacked over the last two days that I seem to be on emotional overdrive and take everything as attacking right now.

I apologize for snapping and taking it all the wrong way, I just hope you can understand the position I am in right now and where I've been the last 2 days.

T

12:26 PM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

Besides, Charlie, you are someone I actually consider a poker friend, your a fellow Clan member....that makes you already good in my book.

T

12:28 PM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

Thanks Josh, your a dear. Charlie's forgiven me too, so it's all good.

1st WSOD is definantly still on, but you better be really, really careful. I will kick your ass, can't you tell? Aren't you scured????

LOL....love ya.
T

12:57 PM  
Blogger Kram420 said...

You did tell all your readers how I drove your car around and got lost right? ... Oh, and Tanya got me kicked out of Binions!!!!

TSK TSK!!!:)


Looking forward to 2006 - hopefully one of us will actually win something eh?

2:41 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

Tsk Tsk KRAM...you must have missed it, OF COURSE I did. Check out this link: http://misst74.blogspot.com/2005/06/wsop-trip-report-4.html

I talk about you A LOT. About time you finally checked out the blog.

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home