My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Husband Speaks

The passion that Tanya puts into life is what makes me love her. She's unconventional, extreme and does things that seem over-the-top. That's why she is my wife.

The topics below have been discussed in recent days. Since I know her better than you do, I thought I'd throw in my two cents.

TANYA & POKER

Even though I don't understand poker, I want Tanya to chop the river all day long if that is what SHE wants. She does her work, tends to family, she's a wonderful mother and she is a wonderful wife.

I know if it wasn't poker, it would be something else. I've been leaving The Wonders of Knitting magazine laying around lately, but she hasn't taken the bait.

TANYA & DRINKING

As many of you know, Tanya had gastric bypass surgery, so whatever she eats or drinks doesn't linger long. She drinks like many of us do, to get a buzz. It takes more for her to maintain that buzz. She doesn't drink at home, at work or around our daughter. We do drinks and dinner every few weeks and that's it.

TANYA & DRINKING II

I admit to raising my eyebrows when I learned that Tanya drained 50 shots in half as many hours. Three shots and I'm down.

TANYA & MONEY

A while back, Tanya posted here that she regretted not fully disclosing how much money she spent playing poker. Since then she's played within the parameters of an agreement we hammered out together.

TANYA & ME

My wife has a special energy and focus that I've not often experienced. I love and cherish her, our daughter and our life together. I put up with her poker passion and she allows me space to pursue mine.

I'm not a gamer, gambler or poker player, but I am a happy man.

TANYA

She dares to share her weaknesses and her strengths on these pages. Not many have the courage to publish the truth.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

You are both so very lucky to have found each other, it sounds like you have a very equal and loving relationship... and for the record, the thought has never even crossed my mind from your blog that you have a drinking or a gambling problem, I'm not sure how people have the audacity to accuse you of something when they don't personally know you.

8:07 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

It is discouraged, and from what I gathered in my pre-surgery education it was mostly discouraged due to people being less inhabitive when drinking, which may then lead them to eating, which may then lead them to what is known as the "Dumping Syndrome". I am very conscious when I drink, and have never been led astrayed by the alcohol to eat the foods that produce this "Dumping Syndrome" so it's never affected me the way they talk about.

On another note, I will admit to being scared out of my mind (the brainwashing in the support groups help in this) and didn't take a single drink of alcohol for more then a year after the surgery. I have just passed my 4 year anniversary and am doing well, never had a single complication and life is good. IMO.

2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home