My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Back to Poker

Finally!

Whew, I can take a big breath and get back to what life is all about, poker!!

I started playing in the satellites for the WCOOP on PS, and I probably should have typed this blog while playing because now it's all hazy and my information is not going to be at it's best.

I played 3 $10/$1 R sats to various events, but the one I did really well in was the PLHE. I say really well, although I still ended up bubbling in 5th place while top 3 get the seats. Sigh. Good for $33. Woopee.

I was chipleader for most of the final two hours, but was crippled when my QQ ran into KK against the 2nd place chipleader. We ended up all in on a flop of rag, rag, rag and luckily I had him covered with about 13K, was able to build it back up to 35K, then lost it all with A,2 vs. A,K against the same guy. Bad timing.

What might have caused some distraction to me was the frantic pounding on my door at 1:30am. My dogs started freaking out, barking up a storm, and I am scared out of my mind, who comes to your door at 1:30 AM?

I start shouting out the door, "Who is it?" I was very loud and wanted them to be intimidated, turns out it was a female, "My name is Michelle, my car is stuck in the mud down the road and I was walking to get help and I got bit by a dog and I need help" She starts crying while she says this.

Yeah, right. And I just won a million dollars.

However, I did advise her that I would not be opening my door, however if there was a number for me to call for her I would, She said No. (???) I think we ALL have a number to call at 1:30AM if a problem arises. So I did the next best thing and called 9-1-1.

I live in a rural community, in a neighborhood that is considered horse property as all homes are on 1/2-1 acre plots. We have no street lights. My house is in the middle of the block. I don't THINK so.

I called 9-1-1, they sent out the patrol car with an ambulance and low and behold, they couldn't find anyone in need of assistance. Hmmmm. Interesting that a woman could get her car "unstuck" from mud and be out of the neighborhood in 6 minutes.

Scary, when you think about it.

Anywho, her knock at the door came during the QQ vs. KK hand and I never recovered!

So, that's it for now but I felt that I hadn't blogged in awhile, so there you have it.

I am back, playing in full force and will post regularly on my outcomes. I plan on winning a seat into all WCOOP events, if not buying in directly to the cheaper ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home