My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

My Little Princess



PROUD MOM BLOG ALERT

Well, it's that time again, the Miss American Coed Pageant is this weekend and this will be my daughter's third year attending, and her last year as a Pre-Teen.

Cherissa asked to join these pageants about 5 years ago, but due to the cost, we were unable to actually do it until the year after and with the help of sponsors.

These pageants are based on academic achievements and personality. Make-up is NOT allowed, it is not one of those crazy Jon Benet Ramsey deals. I am not your typical pageant mom and it's always funny to me going to these events and seeing the other moms and how they react. I always seem to find one or two that are cool like me though, lol.

The first year Cherissa won the title of Miss. Spirit. This is the girl who shows the most personality and is decided by the choreographers out of all the girls in attendance, usually around 125-175. (Yes, they do their own little opening number and everything!).

The second year Cherissa won first place in Speech, (My Favorite American, Pat Tillman), Miss. Hostess (This is a special crown and banner/sash given to the girl who sells the most ads for the pageant program. It pays to be a Rotarian and Chamber of Commerce member, ha ha ha), and Miss Spirit for the SECOND year in a row!! (That was exciting and cool!)

This year she will be singing in the Talent portion, and the girl gives me goosebumps, she's that good. I'm not just saying that either because I'm her Mom! She will again be crowned Miss. Hostess, and will hopefully do well in her Speech again, as she has great stage presence and can deliver in front of crowds with ease.

So, wish us well and I will give report upon return. Try not to miss me or my blog too much while I'm away!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Wow - she sounds like a very special girl!! Good luck to her in the Pageant!

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home