My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Where Have I Been??

I know, it's been awhile since I blogged, sorry for that.

Let's try and get you all caught up.

Picked up Cherissa from Las Vegas last Sunday, she has been gone for 3 weeks, and good grief.....she looked all grown up!! We had gotten her a perm and her eyebrows done before she left, her hair is just adorable now and she is looking more like a young lady/teenager then a little girl that she's always been. One day, I know she's going to stop calling me "Mommy" and I'll just be plain old "Mom".

She talked non stop about her Mexico cruise that Grandma took her on. She was completely surprised and had an awesome time. Carnival Cruise line has programs for children, depending on their ages, so she was in the 12-13 age group, where they have a private dance club called "Fuel" and so she was able to go "clubbing" every night and had her curfew extended from 11pm the first night up to 1am the last night. Grandma states Cherissa was coming home well after she was already in bed and was living up life more then she was! Well, what can I say, like Mother like Daughter. Enjoying life, that's what it's all about.

On Monday I decided to play hooky from work and went down to Laughlin for the day. I wasn't planning on it, but it worked out that way. I was up and down all day, leaving around 10:30pm after blowing off a $500 profit, but still came out OK, so that's what it's about.

Tuesday, Wednesday and today have me just playing tournaments non-stop. I wasn't doing anything too memorable until last night. I have played about 15 tournaments since Tuesday, making the money 5 times, final table twice, and winning ONCE.

Yes, yours truly kicked ass last night in a $50/$5 NLHE event with 488 players and around 11:54pm was declared the winner. I had a lot of sweaters from RGP and a special thanks to all of them for helping me stay calm and focused while I tried to just play good poker.

RGP'r Morphy stated: Next book from Tanya: How to fold your way up the money ladder.

It made me laugh because that's not normally how I play, yet due to some educating from RGP'r Fellknight, I did just that. At final table time, I was #2 in chips. I literally folded every single hand, practically, until there were only 5 people left. This was very hard to do as I started feeling panicky, dropping down to #3, and just not PLAYING. In retrospect, this is definantly a smart way to play final tables and with practice, I will continue doing so. It was just very hard to do and hard to overcome the feelings of panic and the "OMG, I better play a hand!!!" etc. etc.

Once we got down to 3 players left, it was like I switched the "ON" switch on and just went to town. I was playing very aggressively, and they were folding their blinds left and right to me. The shortstack ended up folding every single hand, and folded himself from what should have been a guaranteed 3rd place spot to 2nd place when I got into it with the 2nd place guy and won. For the life of me, I can't remember that hand, however, the most memorable hand was when he was the chip leader, I look down to KK on the button and raise 4X the BB (40K?) He reraises me A LOT (120K?) I then pushed all in and he folded to me. It was a major pot that then put me in 1st position and it was just all over after that.

Once I knocked him out, the very next hand I had KsJs and the SB (very short stack) raised, I moved all in, he called and showed J,8 or K,8 or something like that. Game was over on the flop and I congratulated him on folding his way into 2nd place money.

Soooo that was last night, it was very exciting, I haven't won a MTT in a while (2 months?) and was starting to feel like I would never win one again. Of course, I know this not to be true as DAMN IT, I'm a good player!!! (LOL)

Playing a PLO MTT right now, 17 left, I'm in 6th place, dare I make another final table today? Not much in the prize pool, but every bit counts and I am currently #30 on the TLB board for the week on PS, Woo Hoo!!!

Will post more frequently as I try to climb up that TLB board.

4 Comments:

Blogger Easycure said...

You're gonna win the Main Event before you know it.

7:28 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

From your lips to God's ears.

: )

8:32 AM  
Blogger Seed said...

Wow! Great finish, Tanya! Congrats!

11:02 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

LOL, it was probably only there for a few hours, but I saw it! #30!! LOL

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home