My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Mid Week Update

Well, practically midweek, even if it is Thursday.

Didn't play much poker until Wednesday, where I was lucky enough to cash in the $100/$9 NLHE event. I think it started with 550 ish players. Towards the bubble I was sitting very good, in the top 10 with about 45 left. I was feeling good, feeling confident when THIS hand came up:

I'm in MP, 2 from the button, I think,with A,A. I had been dealt A,A about 6 times this tourney. The player in front of me raises 4xBB, I simply call, everyone else folds. The flop comes A, x, x. Rainbow. He checks, I check. Turn is a K. He checks, I check again (Boy, I'm setting him up GOOD right now!!!) River comes a J. He suddenly and quickly moves all in. He has me covered, he was probably in 5th place while I was in 9th place. I know I have to call him, I'm thinking there is NO way he has Q, 10. I call.

He shows Q,10 and IGHN. Sigh, Grrr, ARG!!! How frustrating. I blamed myself for slowplaying my trip aces, but then again, I think I played it well, just happened to get unlucky. Took $181 or $118, can't remember, but if it was $118, then I simply got my money back. Sigh again.

I then moved on to a $80 qualifier for the $650 WSOP Main Event on Sunday. 52 entrants, 5 players get seat, 6th place gets $619.00. So I figure I need to just get in the top 6 and I'm cool. Nothing memorable here, but I did end up winning the seat and I plan on playing this Sunday for my WSOP Main Event seat instead of taking the 650W$.

So, all in all, last night was a good night. Felt nice to actually sit and play poker for the evening as I haven't done that in awhile. Even had a few martinis while I was at it. ; )

Exactly 1 week from today I will begin my travels to St. Maartens, actually arriving Friday around 2pm. This means that for the next week, I will be busy concentrating on my business, getting it all caught up and squared away so that it and my manager and employees can survive for the 10 days I'm gone. I also have to make sure all bills are paid, groceries are stocked up, and that the family is taken care of (for the most part) while I'm gone as well.

The good news is that I will be taking a laptop with me so will be able to still post on RGP and update blog if, and I do mean IF, time allows me. I did buy sunscreen/suntan lotion today, so I'm ready to hit the beach!!

For all you players that have been following the MissT74 WSOP Qualifiers, there will only be ONE more before I leave, and thus this will be the last one for about 3 weeks time. I will start them back up once I'm back home and caught up on work and home life. If your interested, email me ASAP, as I anticipate this one filling up due to there not being one for the past 2 weeks, and it being the last one for the next 3 weeks.

INFO:

Date: Sunday, 4/23/06
Time: 10:00 pm EST
Game: NLHE
Players: min 20, max 30
Cost: $50.00
Transfer: $40.00 to MissT74 from (Kingman) on PokerStars and then email me. Your password will be issued at that time.
Prize: $1,000 WSOP seat if there are 20 players, $1,500 WSOP seat if there are 30 players.

Any questions, again, simply email me. Pass the word around, everyone is welcomed. Feel free to pimp this on your blog if you'd be so kind to, that way I can assure that it gets filled up and that I'm not stressing out 15 mins before the event is suppose to start. LOL.

tanya@pecksmedicalbilling.com is the email address.

Tonight Bill and I are going out with our best friends for dinner, which always ends up with drinking and dancing as well, so no poker for tonight, but I plan on having a good time! Have a great weekend everyone.

5 Comments:

Blogger C.L. Russo said...

I'm sorry, this comment doesn't have anything to do with this post, but I had to give recognition of your use of the verb "biff," a few posts ago.

I haven't heard that term since high school, and I'm not at all surprised to see that we were both attending high school in the mid-eighties.

Kudos to yu.

10:26 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

LOL, tyvm. Although, after re-reading it, I think I should have used it as "biffed". :)

10:33 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

I knowwww, but since he had raised preflop, and the kind of player he was, I just KNEW that if I checked the turn as well, then he would come out firing on the river. And he did!!! Only...um...yeah.

; (

T

5:14 PM  
Blogger Chad C said...

I can't believe in your satellite last night that I lose AA to quad 8s three handed and KK to A-10 heads up for the seat.... Do you and Lee Jones hate me or what. Is this all that whole thing about who the original "T" is? Oh well, Karma is a bitch cause I won my Main Event seat a couple hours later at Tilt, so take that whoever you are that beat me!!!!

/Sorry to rant here, but I don't know how else to get a hold of this guy :) /

3:55 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

Yeah, Karma is a REAL bitch, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Now, no more whining about Lee dammit, he's my man. LOL

T

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home