My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Oscar

Oscar is our Australian Shephard furry family member. We adopted him from the local shelter when he looked like this:




We've had him now maybe close to two years and this is him now playing with our other furry family member, Mohave (Mohave is the one laying down if you can't tell, LOL):




I decided to post a blog about him as today he had another "episode".

Oscar has Epilepsy. We found this out when he had been with us for about 4 months. Our vet had put him on medication and after realizing that the meds totally changed who he is and his personality, we made the decision to take him off the meds.

He has a seizure about once every 3 months and my heart breaks every time. It's no secret in our family that Oscar is "Bill's Dog" and that I'm honestly scared of him when he has food (DON'T go near him!!!) but I still love him.

Have you ever, EVER seen a pet actually look scared?

Everytime Oscar has a seizure he has a pure human scared look on his face that just rocks me to my core.

He had a bad one today, it lasted for some time, and then just when we thought it was over, he lapsed into another one. I hate to see someone I love in pain, especially when you can actually SEE it on his face.

My poor Oscar.

However, life is good despite an illness and here's a few more great shots taken by Bill of Oscar and Mohave playing together.





And one of my favorites: (By the way, can you tell I've figured out how to really post pics on my blog???)

2 Comments:

Blogger --S said...

Sorry about the seizures. It's rough to deal with. Used to have a Cocker mix with epilepsy - whenever she had a seizure, she had that look of pure terror in her eyes...as she struggled against everything to get across the floor and into my lap. I can empathize with what you have to go through!

2:07 AM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

Thanks --s, you DO know what I mean when I say the look of terror, it's so horrible. My heart just melts everytime.

Danny, that's horrible! I'd miss him too.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home