My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Cruise and L.A. Trip Report

I'll be honest, not much to really report. I had a great time on the cruise, not much to talk about. After 5 cruises, a cruise is a cruise is a cruise. Stayed in L.A. to do my book research on The Commerce when I got back to dry land.

Few highlights:

1. Met Gary, a friend of Felicia Lee, LOVED him. The boy is like 7'4" or something like that, HUGE, keeps getting asked how tall he is (funny how I can't remember his exact height, but maybe I guessed right), gives great bear hugs.

2. In Aculpulco, found a very cute neighborhood martini bar called "Shake It!" and watched both of the "important" football games last Saturday that resulted in the teams going to the SuperBowl. (Can't remember the dates)

3. Finally won a damn trophy by answering a trivia question right, was trying to win one of those "24 Karat Gold Plastic Trophy" for the whole damn week. The trivia question had to do with Wheel of Fortune, and I love game shows, so was an easy one for me.

4. Got to try out the electronic poker tables, PokerPro or PokerTech or something like that. Decided I do NOT like them. Played on them quite frequently the first few days, but then pretty much left them alone after that, just wasn't interested in them. I don't like them, they have several glitches, no protection against collusion, just BLECH, BLECH.

5. Got really upset one of the last nights when an old guy was just really, REALLY rude and mean to me. Called me names, insulted me, etc etc and all because I sat next to him at 3 Card Poker. Good thing Felicia was there, she calmed me down, but DAMN, why do people have to be rude and treat other fellow human beings like that?? I just don't get it.

6. The Commerce is fantastic, very impressive! I did not know that they are the largest card room in the WORLD. I'll see if any other room claims that while I'm doing further research, but still interesting to know.

7. I did NOT get cut off at The Commerce, although I did get warned for being too loud when I was telling the table the Brandi story and explained quite happily what "POMB" meant. Tee Hee.

I'm home now for a week or so, will probably head to Vegas just for Sunday to watch the SuperBowl in the Diamond Lounge with a few friends that will be there from Phoenix.

I will be leaving for San Jose/San Francisco on 2/9-2/13, I will post a warning on RGP, but if you're in the area and frequent Bay 101 or the other big one (can't think of name) then let me know, I'm meeting people for drinks and/or dinner while there! AND OF COURSE, my sister...you know I couldn't forget you Corrie!!! : )

6 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I love that - A cruise is a cruise :-)

You live a great life if you can say that!

and the "important" football games were on Sunday, not Saturday... I know this because I spent all night Sunday bawling my eyes out and sobbing heavily - My Patriots lost in a horribe fashion, after being up by 18 points :(

Enjoy your next trip!

8:48 PM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

EC: My bad, you know how time flies and I must say, on cruises, you never know what day it is or what time it is. I bought a watch on the ship just because I got tired of asking people what time it was. LOL

EDIT: My friend Gary is only 6'10", my bad. : )

T

9:15 PM  
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Wow, imagine that...Felicia calmed you down. Now that is really saying something.

12:10 PM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

I KNOWW, it was cool and something to be seen, I'm sure. LOL

12:15 PM  
Blogger Kram420 said...

Vegas kills commerce!:) I missed ya, I'd of definately came over and said wassssssuppp if I saw ya!

You didn't play in any of the LAPCs? Great bang for your buck over there Tanya!

Hope all is well, I'm sure you're killen it... like usual;)

11:18 PM  
Blogger "MissT74" said...

Kram,

Commerce is the biggest card room in the world, you know. I was there to review it for my book, but while there, I did play in event #2 and #3, of course, didn't do anything worth mentioning, but I swore I saw you, but if it was you, then you looked a little bit different so I didn't want to embarass myself by going up to you. LOL. Too bad!!!

Ah well, see you in Vegas one day!

T

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home