My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Too much about me to list here...read my blog...you'll get to know me quite well.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Mom Needs Help

As you all know, I live in a rural community, Kingman, Arizona, where we have exactly 10 child care centers in our town. Not only are ALL the centers filled to capacity, but ALL of them have a 1-2 year waiting list for accepting children.

My mother moved to Kingman last year to be near me and my daughter and decided to open her own child care center. She has a BA in Child Development and 20 years of experience in the child care field, including being Regional Director and Center Directors for national child care centers such as KinderCare, La Petite Academy and Children's World. She has opened many centers from the ground up, and all of her centers have been financially successful for the particular company she was working for at the time.

Mom has also designed a currivulum and has written a staff training manual that is currently being used in several centers throughout Arizona. Mom knows her stuff about child care and is a pretty awesome business woman. (Which is probably where I got my business sense from!)

Mom has found the perfect location for her center, and has had it secured since last October, using the past months to do renovations and getting the building up to local firecodes, passing inspections, etc.

During this time frame, Mom has put in over $30K of her own money, but needs 60-80K more to put into the business to get it opened. She had the financing secured before starting the process, but in the 2nd month, it fell through when the investor changed his terms to what was simply unacceptable.

I have been trying to help her secure more funds in the past 2 months, but have been having difficulties in raising the full 80K. We had the idea of finding 4 people to invest 20K each, if we couldn't find 1 person to do the full 80K, and now we're even at the point of thinking about finding 8 people at 10K each in order to get the center open. We already have 2 investors at 10K willing, (not including myself) but only if we get the other 6, obviously.

The biggest attraction that this investment would have is the fact that because we're in a rural community, we have a LOT of DES (Department of Economic Security) children. These are the children that the State of Arizona pays for their child care, due to the economic status of their parents/household.

Due to all the other child care centers being full and having waiting lists, we know that we could open the center with a minimum of 90% occupancy, if not 100%, due to the demand for this service. Of that 90%, at least 80-90% of them would be DES children which means guaranteed income for the center, as the State pays the center directly on a monthly basis.

All offers and terms will be considered. (We'll consider all offers just to get it going/opened since we already have the building and done renovations. We would hate to have to stop and give up when it's so close to opening.)

Alas, the SBA is not cracked up to what's it's suppose to be for and if any of you have dealt with them, then you know what I mean.

Just to let you know, she has an awesome business plan that would make any interested party swoon. (Noooo, I didn't help her do it. LOL)

I am trying my hardest to help Mom realize her dreams, just as she helped me with mine. I'm also trying hard to help her because I'm one of the people who wants to invest in this, I just don't have 80K in my back pocket right now, if you know what I mean.

Email me at tanya@pecksmedicalbilling.com for Mom's contact information, if interested, and if you've gotten this far, thanks for reading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home